Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Barbara said - Watch Tower of Pennsylvania was not part of this lawsuit. This is what I was told. However, people don't always get their facts straight and I can only repeat what I'm told that is if they give me permission to do so.

Well, reading through all of the legal documents posted on the aforementioned website, WT of PA _was_ initially listed as one of those being sued, as well as WT of NY. It was dropped on 01/09/2012. No reason was given, though.

Has anyone else been reading through the court documents? Interesting reading.

Edited: I see Ann O'Maley already posted the info... I was late to the party.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Hey, AnnOMaly, thanks for finding that record of dismissal. Now we have proof of what happened to WT of PA.

That kind of shit really drives it home to me that this is NOT a religion, it's a business.

• Diest
    Diest

Religion is a Business. They are no different from any of the other Money Changers in the Temple.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Hey, AnnOMaly, thanks for finding that record of dismissal. Now we have proof of what happened to WT of PA.

I saw that too but couldn't find a scan of the actual dismissal document. I'd really like to know how they were allowed to slip WT of PA out. Goddamn weasels.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

they protected their God by having the WT of PA, removed

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I find it interesting too - like someone else posted - that the timing of this case coincided with the trial of Jerry Sandusky. This may be helping push the jurors (and judge) towards the decisions that they are making.

I know that they aren't supposed to be watching TV or listening to radio while serving on the jury (so as to not be unduly influenced by media reports), but I'm sure that some are... it's kind of difficult to not be exposed to media reports, especially over the course of a month. The Jerry Sandusky story has been out for a while, so they would have been exposed to it prior to being sworn in as jurors.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I keep reading this line over and over. Brings a massive smile to my ugly mug.

• Quendi
    Quendi

bookmarked

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    "3:20PM - Outside the presence of the jury, Court and counsel confer on the record. Defendent Watchtower's oral Motion to Set Aside Punitive Damages is DENIED."

All caps. DENIED. Fuck you, Watchtower.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

SweetBaby: Rank and File......will never hear about this. They are only told of the "victories".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit