Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• harleybear
    harleybear

Kahlua: Kendrick is in no position to pay 60% of what is in my cat litter box . The society could fall back on insurance from the KH but bet your butt there isn't an underwriter that will ever write them again. The ORG will attempt to throw Kendrick under the bus, and they will plea poverty since they are tax exempt and a religious entity. Their assets in New York etc. will be tough to touch because if they are smart( and they are when it comes to money) have the real estate set up in some kind of trust or whatever in the event that this very thing would take place. The BOE are broke I am sure and the Gov Bod has no personal assets. Now having said that, this is not a lost cause. It will take some digging by a very good lawfirm but the high courts could rule that assets from the ORG are not exempt. However in the case of the Catholic Church that has more money than God, their assets were protected. The Church offered settlements to shut up the victums all of which were silent settlements. The ORG will try to do that and may get the job done. Here comes such issues as gag orders. Will a gag be put in place? If so will the settlement be public knowledge? I doubt it. Please also understand that the ORG can and most likely drum up a line of BS to cover their ass. As to punitive damage that is a sticky wickit. That falls in to PRECEIVED damage. It is subjective and is up for much deliberation. The victory here has less to do with money and more to do with exposure. The ORG has gone on for years with a smoke screen and now what is the main issue in the case is that a US court has acknowledged the wrong and has set forth a penalty. Wheather there is any finance payout is second place to the accountability of those involved.

• harleybear
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

agonus, yep

• harleybear
    harleybear

opps sorry for the fat fingers

• jemba
    jemba

I hardly see Kendrick being able to pay up but hopefully the punitive damages will cause a dent in the WTBTS coffers. Wouldnt want to be in them elders shoes right now either... sucked in, stupid elders and WTBTS helped to ruin that girls life.

Keep em coming I say, all victims come forward today, lets lay it all out on the table and ruin these scumbags once and for all.

I hope the victim of this awful crime visits us on this forum someday and can see the huge amount of support she and all victims of sexual abuse and coverup by JWs have here.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The figure has been upped - Barbra got more information. It's $21,000,001.00, not twenty million.

So that's 28 million and one dollar awarded.

:D

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I just got off the phone with the plaintiff and unless I heard wrong, the shocking figure was 21 million and 1 dollar in punitive damages. Add that to 7 million yesterday and the total is 28 million and 1 dollar. There will be more information forthcoming.

Barbara

• harleybear
    harleybear

That is good news. Then the damages will be real and not punitive which removes the subjective side of things. Now does anyone know just how the ORG holds the Real Property? That is a huge deal.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I also have many questions that need answering. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully, as I said before, there will be national press coverage.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Good night Barbara. Get some sleep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit