Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I posted this on my FB page: SNIFF...SNIFF...SMELL THAT? IT'S THE SHIT (FINALLY) HITTING THE FAN!!!!

A link to the msnbc story was added.

I plan to add one (or more) new link to my FB page every day I can. It's my little way of spreading "this good news in all the inhabited earth"

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The biggest impact of this is that it proves a liability link between what elders and Head Office.

What I would expect to see over the next decade would be this:

• More lawyers eager to take on cases of abuse
    • More victims empowered to fight back
    • A class action suit representing all victims against the Watchtower

The financial impact will be massive. The Watchtower will have to pay for what it has covered up for so long and at long last they will have admit they have a problem and fix it. I would expect them to adjust their procedure and try to paint themselves as the champion of the victim. Turn pedophelia into an "unforgivable sin" that warrants immediate disfellowshipping with no possibility of reinstatement.

To be quite honest, I would support a stance like that, but it wouldn't change the fact that they would only be doing it because they care more about their money, not because they care about children being abused.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Some wonder if WT will learn a lesson from this case and correct its’ ways. Deut 9:13 answers it best: " ‘And Jehovah went on to say …. ‘I have seen this people, and, Look! It is a stiff-necked people.’"

• cedars
    cedars

Lest we forget.... bumping the original thread.

Cedars

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Turn pedophelia into an "unforgivable sin" that warrants immediate disfellowshipping with no possibility of reinstatement.

while this would be great, i doubt it will happen. i think there is a reason watchtower has the policy in place, i bet there are alot of people in high places who are pedofiles. i started to believe that when they refused to do the background checks in australia.

and if this lawsuit doesnt change the policy, then i think it will tell us that the pedofile problem is even bigger than anyone ever imagined.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Bumpity bump.

Loz x

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

This is great news!

BTTT & Bookmarked

FM

• BlindersOff1
  • traveb
    traveb

The story is now up on SFGate.com (San Francisco Chronicle), which is the biggest newspaper in the region. Some additional details that other articles didn't have.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/15/BAUQ1P2PH2.DTL&tsp=1

It's also showing up on the main page:

http://www.sfgate.com/

Sorry, have no idea how to insert links on this board so you'll have to copy and paste.

• witness2witness
    witness2witness

WOW! I just looked this guy up on the Megan's Law website, and he lives less than a mile away from me!

I've never seen him out in field service before, so I wonder if they actually let him go door to door?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit