Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I want to see what becomes of the paper trail to the suthor of that policy to withhold facts from authorities. Or rather, who the fall guy will be.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The WT can blame the local elders all they want. Honestly, if they do, one will stand up and go with the "We were just doing what we were told" defense.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Has the victim been disfellowshipped yet?

• vanyell
    vanyell

You guys know where this "written policy of Watchtower New York, Inc., which instructed all Elders in Jehovah’s Witnesses Congregations in the United States to keep reports of child sex abusers within Jehovah’s Witnesses secret to avoid lawsuits." can be found? Thanks.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes what happened

and I am quite sure the elders will have somethin'

and will show it, rather than lose their homes

They have given so much to the society already

which leads me to place another bet that JWN may have an

influx of the flock, which will consist of " burned brothers "

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Regarding local elders doing what they're told.

I served on a couple of elder bodies and dealt with several others. There were many times when elders didn't know or follow WT directions. The Service desk would send letters chastising elders and referring to such-and-such letter/KS directive. If there are more BOE out there like the ones I'm familiar with, then the WT is going to have more problems in the future.

I think the WT is in real trouble here. First of all they have unsustainable (blood, two witness, pedophile, etc) policies. And with the exception of some crafty lawyers and inertia from 7million publishers, they really don't know what they're doing. I believe the size and holdings of the WT is what has kept them going this far. The elders at WT HQ running the show aren't that much different from the local BOEs, except that they are more removed from life in the real world...which is probably a bad thing in the long run for the WT.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Atlantis: Be on the look-out for any BOE letters on this one.

Thank you in advance.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

vanyell

This direction is given during the CO visits when he meets with the BOE, and also during the elder schools held every three or four years. COs would have something in writing...if only one of them would be brave enough to put it online.

• mind blown
    mind blown

WOW! Thank you for the wonderful news yourmamma!! I'm glad you worded your post as you did, it will be a great searchable item on Google, as well as will come up on the top of the list due to more of us posting on this thread

i"m hoping the payout is news worthy the media picks up!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

This thread would work better with the search engines if Watchtower was spelled correctly. Is there anyway to correct it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit