Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Is this recent? http://www.silentlambs.org/OaklandLawsuit.htm

I havent seen anyone post about it, the link has a pdf on it of the court documents, and it looks like the stamp is from 5/12 but its blurry.

if this is recent, isnt this a big deal? i mean, 7 million for 1 victim, no wonder they are selling their property, they are gong to be sued to death.

im reserving my joy until i can confirm that this just happened. anyone know what the deal with this is?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If you click the press release link right under it states it happened yesterday!

And the release says the jury may still add punitive damages.

Major WT cash payout if true!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i missed that. thanks. WOW, this is great!!!! So that makes 20 million so far the watchtower has to pay out. i wonder how many more cases are currently going on.

now that i think about it, is this the first time the watchtower has officially lose in court? i know the previous ones were settled, and the JW nut job apologists like to pretend that means they were never found guilty.

this changes all that it seems.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'd like to think every victim will come forward - would it bankrupt the Society ?

.. the written policy of Watchtower New York, Inc., which instructed all Elders in Jehovah’s Witnesses

Congregations in the United States to keep reports of child sex abusers within Jehovah’s Witnesses secret to

avoid lawsuits.

So they KNOW they are breaking the Law..?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's kind of odd that the Press Release doesn't have a complete date including the year. But the court documents were stamped "Filed" May 4, 2012. The attorney's signature at the bottom of the complaint is dated May 3, 2012 and the Proof of Service on the last page is May 4, 2012.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They want to protect the image of the organization even if it means it might harm kids. Disgusting cult.

Bangalore

• lost1
    lost1

Hopefully this will give some encouragement to someone I know to come forward.

Can only hope.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Okay found some details.

Go here: http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/html/index.html

Type in case number HG11558324

Looks like it was originally filed in January, 2011. The doc on silentlambs is amended, that is why it has last months date.

I read through the original filing. Pretty sick stuff, courtesy of the pedophile protection agency known as the WTBTS.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

This is BIG as a matter of fact it's possibly the worst thing to happen to the Wicked Watchtower since this forum went up.

There are a handful of us that have known for last 10 hours but we were waiting a few more hours to break story for a valuable reason.

Best is yet to come....

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Good to hear this victim is getting damages against the WT. Also, under California law the victim/plaintiff is not prohibited from talking about the case so more people will know what has happened. I hope the WT continues to pay for their ridiculous policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit