Rick Fearon should apologise for accusing faders of being cowards

by cedars 188 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Red21

I see little reason to stay on a board that doens't allow freedom of speech?

Firstly, this isn't about freedom of speech. Check my original post, and you will see that I am expressly against banning Rick from this forum. However, I am entitled to object to his insulting rhetoric and damaging/deceptive methods. In doing so, I am exercising MY freedom of speech. Unless you believe that you and Rick are the only ones on here entitled to such freedom?

Secondly, are you Rick posting from another account? Be honest.

Cedars

• nugget
    nugget

Rick is mistaken to think that the only way to oppose the organisation is by going public and manning a banner. He is wrong to question the integrity of other posters who choose to remain annonymous but who still post articles and raise awareness of the damage of the organisation by other means.

I speak from my own experience that the posts of these people were instrumental in making me question my beliefs and make the decision to leave the organisation behind. I don't need to know who Outlaw, Cedars and others are outside of this forum to value their opinions and ideas. Sometimes we become so wedded to the way that we approach a problem that we cannot see that there are other methods that are equally valid.

The strength of the forum is the wide range of perspectives, and whilst I may not agree with everything presented by everyone I respect the right of people to post. There is no hierarchy or rule that states that those DA'd or DF'd for apostacy have greater authority than those who still remain in the organisation trying to fade. No one truly understands the issues of each individual and therefore is in no position to judge someone as less worthy than another.

Rick finds it difficult to apologise but in this case admitting that he made a mistake is an act of humanity and strength not a sign of weakness. The organisation is extremely damaging and to continue to hurt one another when we are free of their control is criminal.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Red21... so you're saying that it's perfectly OK for anyone to lie on this board??? I'm just asking so I can understand where you're coming from...

By the way, I don't think you'll find one person here who is against FREEDOM OF SPEECH... what you might find are a few members who get aggravated when they read sensationalism or false statements... why don't you let those folks have FREEDOM OF SPEECH and stop defending the liars on this forum? again, I'm just asking...

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Bump it to the top I find this thread amusing......

The faders that I am calling cowards are not all the faders posting here.

The ones who rightfully deserve to be called cowards are the chronic, impulsive posters who without any consideration for first time Innocent Jehovah's Witnesses lurkers, that spew out obscenities,using foul abusive language,and display conduct that is counterproductive to this forum.

We really do not know who these hand full of cynical, negative posters are......... The real term that describes them best is Moral Cowards.

Moral cowards.... Those who hide anonymously in cyberspace and condemn and ridicule others that use their real identity.

These "moral cowards" could be anyone, only God knows!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When did this turn into a kingdom hall?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    When did this turn into a kingdom hall?

Brothers! (wide, inclusive gesture) We are not alone in considering this matter! Jehovah's has provided to us a prophet (gesture toward Rick who is kneeling in prayer at corner stage) to guide us. Let us show faith in this matter, and wait patiently on Jehovah (emphatical gesture toward sky) and His servant to show us the way.

Now I must ask of you brothers - go off to the Mount of Screens and wait there quietly for six days and six nights. May Jehovah (big gesture) bless you, and give peace to you and your households. (Audience applauds while men in suits replace a token prop stool with a foam rock and and wooden bench.)

- Lime

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

ROTFLOL @ HintofLime!!!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ HintOfLime,

That's very, very good. I can see the drama being acted out. Funny!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Rick, I don't know much about your belief system or world view. Are you calling for an overhall of the whole JW doctrine or just a few? Do you belive in the "Trinity, Hell Fire, Immortal Soul, Pre-Destination, End-Time prophecy?" Which areas of the JW culture and belief, pushed you to your current stand? I am eager to learn, what kind of pain, you too have suffered from some bad men. I personally don't belive "elders are picked by Jehovah" My eyes have seen some very bad things take place, and the hackney phrase "wait for Jehovah to clean his congregation", is a diffucult line to swallow, to those who have been waiting for fifty years for justice. Also,

I am sick of "Titles" and those who cling to them, people who assume words like "pioneer, ministerial servant, elder, circuit, disctrict, bethel" conotate "holy, close to God, full of fine works, better than the average jane publisher, Good". I am tired of inept judicial decessions made by men, who think they are guided by the Holy Spirit, but disgrace our Holy God Jehovah. What say you Rick?

• cedars
    cedars

Answer the question Rick - who is the "jealous internet radio personality" you were warning us of? You've made two posts on this thread now, and on both you have conveniently dodged that question. Are you afraid to give us the answer? Does that not make YOU a coward?

Despite your comments, I am inclined to believe that you DO believe all faders who won't join you in picketing memorials are cowards. That much is obvious from your opening remarks on the "get out of the bleachers" thread. If you wish to retract those comments, and aim them instead at those faders who criticize you on this forum (i.e. most of us) then by all means do that. However, you are a coward yourself if you can't NAME NAMES and tell us which posters your are referring to.

So come on Rick, come clean for once. Stop dodging questions, stop hurling generic insults, and be specific in who exactly you are rebuking and why.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit