Rick Fearon should apologise for accusing faders of being cowards

by cedars 188 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

I personally think far more good is done when things are laid out factually and logically than sensationalising everything. It drives JWs away if they even get a 'sniff' of 'apostasy'. I remember as a child seeing 'apostates' with their banners outside assemblies.. I was scared of them!

The thing that lured me away was wikipedia.. (I don't know who posts all the info on there but it's genius... they tell you all the FACTS about JWs, that all JWs know and would agree with then subtely put the info under 'critics'.. and then talk very factually about Ray Franz). Within a week of reading the info on wikipedia I was reading CoC! After I'd read his books your survey was my next port of call Cedars, closely followed by JWstruggle.

I think the work you do and others like you is far more effective for helping out active JWs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Rick is the best spokesman the Watchtowr has at present, he is that good that he keeps captive the JW's in their prison, convinced that all they have heard from the WT, about those who leave the WT, is true.

They fear they will end up like Rick, a fate worse than death.

The problem with his presence here on JWN is that his particular brand of strident idiocy will alienate a JW stumbling upon this site, and even members of the public, that is to spike the guns of JWN.

Rick has been working hard to that end for years, it is time he was curtailed.

Tell the W.T you are finished with doing their dirty work Rick, join the genuine opposers.

• vettegirl
  • minimus
    minimus

Well said, Marvin!

• baltar447
    baltar447

My take on it is this:

Rick Fearon is a dinosaur; he's like the lingering MPAA or RIAA out there flexing their muscles trying to stay relevant.

Just as the Internet/new media is making Hollywood gradually less relevant, so has the wide availability of GOOD sources of information on the WT and its cultic ways and lies made the PT Barnum style Apostate irrelevant. Additionally, we have all seen how Rick’s style feeds into the WT stereotype of the “bitter mentally diseased apostate”.

It’s time for cooler heads to prevail. Rick’s time is over he needs to adapt or close shop.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The only thing that Rick does is try to get a horse to drink water.

Look at him go!

Do I care what Rick thinks of me? Dear god, no!

• minimus
    minimus

Baltar, you made me laugh.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Good luck with that!

• garyneal
    garyneal

This thread reminds me of what Moshe pointed out about a year ago concerning faders.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/190184/1/Faders-are-indeed-a-very-large-doormat

On some level, I can understand Rick's frustration. Witnesses like my wife will always think highly of the WT and very lowly of former witnesses and even more lowly of those who fade. To the faders especially, she thinks that they are a big bunch of hyprocrites for going to the KH and pretending to be a good witness, especially in the case of elders who post here, she especially has a low opinion of you.

She just does not understand that the men in power over the WTS can be suseptible to corruption and even if one member were to become corrupt, he would be ejected in short order (Yeah, tell that to Leo Greenlees). That is why she, as well as Brother Hero, view Raymond Franz with such disdain. She believes that he must have done something wrong to be removed and later disfellowshipped. The vaunted WT is blameless in her eyes as well as the eyes of the other witnesses I encounter, facts be damned, especially coming from an outsider like me. If the facts come from an apostate, well, mind off....

I understand why faders remain in hiding, just perusing Moshe's thread gives me insight. Never-the-less, it does little to sway the minds of people like my wife. She does not see the problem and she never will as long as the WT continues to keep people fearful of speaking out. On the other hand, the witnesses are indeed a very, very, VERY minor sect of Christianity consisting of merely 0.1% of the whole world's population. If all the dirty laundry of the WT could be exposed on a large scale, would anyone care? How many people think a lot of the dirt found in the Catholic church?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    On some level, I can understand Rick's frustration.....Gary Neal

Fearons methods will drive 99.999999999% of JWs back to the WBT$..

It re-enforces what they have been told about JW`s who leave the WBT$..

Ask your Mrs what she thinks of WBT$ Protesters..

Then times that by 7 million..

...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit