Rick Fearon should apologise for accusing faders of being cowards

by cedars 188 Replies latest jw friends

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Hmm...

So is everyone saying that we should disfellowship RF from the forum since he is unrepentant?

I do not care for RF, his website, his methods, or his over the top radio show with charlitanistic guests; which means that I choose not to take him or his posts seriously. I think most people, except for a few new ones, can see right through his bullshit. That being said, he should have the right to spew his shit to the forum since he was once a JW like us.

I post here anonymously, I could care less what RF thinks about me since I only care what I think about me. Everyone here has thier own reasons for posting/lurking/coping, and we should focus on that.

Keep up the good work Cedars, Marvin, and the like...you do great work and make everyones path much easier to follow.

• minimus
    minimus

You guys keep giving Rick a platform and then you flip out that he's the way he is. If you are that disturbed by him, ignore him.

• Twitch
    Twitch

What minimus said. Who gives a shite what this "activist" says? Does he speak for you? Did somebody vote him as the spokesperson for this board or former jws in general? Only bullies consider others cowards. To hell with this guy and what he thinks. He doesn't speak for me.

People will listen to reason and will consider leaving of their own accord, not b/c of some nutjob activist. Keep the pepper spray away from this one BTW

• sir82
    sir82

Don't feed the trolls.

Why get so worked up over a loon who promotes 4-person "worldwide protests" in front of the local Jiffy Lube?

The nut case doesn't merit such hysterical reactions.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks minimus, twitch and sir82. I'm not completely naive you know! I know Rick thrives on attention. Normally I can just let him get on with it, and as I've said before, the lunacy of his tirades speaks for itself. However, I'm also a believer in people apologizing when they cross the line, which I feel Rick has done with this latest thread. He no longer seems content to spew forth verbal excrement - he now seems intent on dishing out insults and patronizing remarks against any who would oppose his methods (which is by far the majority).

Since a good percentage of those who visit this forum are faders like me, and Rick has now effectively branded any who won't man the pickets and/or unveil their identities as cowards, I feel an apology should be forthcoming.

Just because his behaviour is wearisome and predictable, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called to account when he goes too far.

Cedars

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I seldom post on threads such as this one, but Mr. Fearon’s conduct is so egregious that I will this time. The world is full of angry, marginalized people. His website and call-in shows are his attempt to regain something lost. He is abusive and stupid.

There is no expectation of free speech on a private forum. I don’t care if he goes or stays, but his chronic stupidity paints us all with the same brush. Most of us aren’t as he is, but those who come here out of curiosity cannot help but wonder if we are all as abusive, unthinking and gullible. If this were my forum, my opinion would change. He’d be gone in a second. As a forum reader, I simply ignore him. He feeds of attention, even negative attention.

Johnny the Bethelite? Please … Rick in the 24 Columbia Heights building on the fourth floor in the NW corner there is a door. Something is written on the door. Ask Johnny what it is. I’d love to know his answer. (I mean the door on the right, inside hall.) On the fifth floor, same building, there is a series of paintings. Have dear ol’ Johnny list them in order starting from elevator right. I’d love to know his answer.

Mr. Fearon is a conspiracy-theory fanatic. His message is off target. He is the epitome of the wild-eyed, bag-over-head, sign carrying apostate. He refuses to accept responsibility for his own actions. He is an attention whore who misses what little prominence he had within the Watchtower organization. Why he receives the attention that he does is a mystery to me.

Would you engage this man in real life? If not, then why do it here? My mental image of him is of a man overfed on starch, wearing an ill-fitting suit and a tinfoil hat, protest sign in one hand and a squished pastry in the other. He’s this forum’s version of the street evangelist who shouts obscenities and damns everyone that passes.

I realize I’m transgressing my own advice to ignore him, but I can’t think of any way to suggest that he’s not worth your attention except to say so. It’s one of life’s conundrums.

• undercover
    undercover

I ignore him for the most part. But every once in awhile he pushes a button...like the thread mentioned in the first post. And then I hafta get it off my chest. Like I did on the other thread.

The crazy thing is that, he's so full of himself, if he could physically do what I suggested he go do, he'd probably do it...

• JWB
    JWB

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. - Sun Tsu, "The Art of War"

There may be good reasons why some are remaining 'camouflaged'. Once you reveal your identity and position there are certain things you may not be able to do to help others. To effectively run out waving your arms saying "Look here! Look here!" may not be the best strategy. Wisdom is a quality that should not be overlooked.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Whenever Rick Fearon gets "cornered" by people who are simply asking him to stop the lies and sensationalism, he resorts to school girl name-calling (i.e. whiners, cowards, watchtower operatives, criticizers, etc.)... but you'll never get Rick to come clean on anything... he has mastered the art of blame deflection as has the Watchtower...

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Not that I care............

but if Rick Fearon accused faders of being cowards...............

He Should STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

DILL HOLE!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit