"Get out of the bleachers and into the game"... Memorial 2012 demonstration.

by koolaid-man 182 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

Rick... What happens when you lie? ......... You lose credibility!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i noticed in the video he referred to apostates who do not protest like him as "so called apostates". exactly like the watchtower refers to jw's who dont go out in service as "so called christians."

it seems like rick has decided to really ramp up the insults. he didnt used to be like that. i used to like him and his show, he seemed like a nice guy, but now he justs gets off on insulting people. and its not just people who point out his bad behavior, its anyone that doesnt do things like he does.

he belongs inside the watchtower.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Rick actually claims he was interviewed for a position on the governing body...I am sure this is simply his delusions of grandeur and totally fiction...just like everything else he claims as fact.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Rick actually claims he was interviewed for a position on the governing body

Bwaaahaa!! Tell me your kidding Isaac? Has he claimed this recently? Do you have a link?

Thanks for making me smile man!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Nicolaou, I swear I am not kidding. If you go find his video of his judicial hearing (it was either the initial hearing or the appeal) he tells the elders that.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Classic

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Nicolaou, forgive me for posting this trash but here is the link to Rick's hearings..http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/critical-info/disfellowshipped.php

His judicial hearing were the most ridiculous nonsense I ever heard. He kept telling the elders that he was in the wrong jurisdiction in having to meet with them, since he is 'one of the annointed' and they are 'other sheep'. He claims he has all this inside info and that the WT is in trouble and talks about his having some sort of relationship with Gerrit Losch and being invited to meet with the GB. No, I am not kidding...my memory of the exact BS on the recordings is not strong, since it has been a few years since I listened.

• Tempered
    Tempered

I haven't read through the entirety of this thread, but I get the gist of it.

I've never really understood the animosity that posters here have against Rick Fearon. Personally, I admire him and my response is to his opening post

I was not "born-in". My mother accepted the "truth" when I was 10 and I was baptized at 12. I didn't have much of a choice

One of my most vivid memories as a young JW is at the District Conventions in San Diego during the late 1970's, and the "apostates" holding their protest signs at the entrances and exits to Jack Murphy Stadium. For the first time, I doubted. I thought, "If Jehovah's Witnesses taught the truth, why are so many people opposed to and condemning them?"

It took me years to finally leave, but the seeds of doubt were planted by those sign-carrying apostates. They didn't scare or traumatize me. They piqued my interest, and I thank them

Stand for what you know to be right, and against what you know to be wrong.

Carry on, Rick

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

So let me take a moment to comment on this. I don't feel demonstrations are the way to go, I don't feel going to the memorial holding a sign or holding signs outside the hall are going to make a lick of difference.

What does make a huge difference, get a large group together. Dress similarly, wear a vast apostate army pin and sit in silence. Don't protest, don't do anything stupid, just sit through the memorial and when it's over leave. Don't sing their songs, don't say amen to their prayer, don't close your eyes, don't fold your hands. When the bread and wine comes around pass it forward essentially looking right through it.

If someone strikes up a conversation with you tell them "I'm here as a member of the Vast Apostate Army". I did it last year, as a single person I literally had an entire congregation in silence around me. This year I'm hoping to get 20 people to do the same thing with me.

That's my thoughts on the thing, you do this as a couple of people holding signs they are going to ignore you. If you go in there as an identity from a group it will make an impact.

• shamus100
    shamus100

"Intervied" for a position with the GB?

Aw, bullshit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit