"Get out of the bleachers and into the game"... Memorial 2012 demonstration.

by koolaid-man 182 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you Rick! Due to this thread and your enthusiasm, my partner and I have decided to do some "Informal non-witnessing" at an ice cream parlor that will be filled to the brink with JW's after the Memorial this year. The parlor is just steps from the hall, so it will be a good opportunity to speak to others in a casual setting. Since it will be informal, we will not be using signs, but if you can recommend any small printable brochures it would be appreciated. If not, I will make up something myself, something simple and small so that anyone who is interested can nonchalantly tuck it away in their pockets or purses so as not to be seen by other nosey JW's.

I figured that I would play the part of someone who used to be interested in the JW's, but became disillusioned due to all of the child abuse. I will use the opportunity to plant seeds so that the next time someone else mentions it to them, or they begin questioning things, the seed will already have been planted and it may make them more open to researching things themselves.

I know that you are going to be picketing, so I wish you great success. Everyone has their own ways of doing things, and when it comes down to it, there is no right and wrong as long as it isn't hurting another. Unless you are planning on bopping people on the head with your signs-lol, I say more power to you! I laud the fact that you are doing something proactive even in the midst of the adversity you are getting from some others. Mouthy, as well as others on the board have done a lot of successful picketing, so those that are so fanatically against you may as well be saying the same things to all others who have done it.

Thanks again for the encouragement and motivation to help others!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Rick your website is hard to navigate, I did not have the "adaptor or plug-in required" do you have a site without videos? One with a "Mission Statement" and core beliefs, in type, I am not too big on videos, I did check your site out. Rick can you run a different thread one day, on your views on topics JWs can relate to?

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Bubblegum, Here is a link to some audios that may help you understand what I now believe.

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/telenetwork/upper-room-ministries.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit