Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This one bible story and the one where Jonah got swallowed by a large fish, possibly a whale,

then after a couple of days of being inside the fish, walked out unscathed are nothing but stories.

They were simply told to bring reverence and power to the god of whom these people worshiped.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Breakfast,

Could an angel, with no physiological states and no mental states CRAVE a PHENOMENALLY DELICIOUS (albeit of dubious nutritional value) McRib sandwich?

I guess only if they experienced it first!

I believe in the existence of the spirit realm, I have personally experienced the supernatural so that reinforces my belief.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

thetrueone,

You can't possible prove what you just said in as much as you say I can't prove the Flood happened.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I hardly think Jesus would have alluded to an event people were familiar with if it wasn't true.

It is true if the cornerstone details are not altered. Human communication started out as an ancient telephone game where facts were just the best guess of the ones relating their experiences. Language is very new in the evolutionary scale. I think you forget that when Pontius Pilate asked Jesus, "what is truth?" Jesus had no reply. This was because there is no reply to that question. Human existence is a paradox. Do we create our reality or does our reality create us? What is truth? All we can do is move forward and backward, but the end of one is always the beginning another.

-Sab

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

From my perspective, the flood story ends at the beginning. A spirit creature cannot have human mental states and desires. Not even all HUMANS have normal human mental states and desires!

There was a period in my life where not a single moment passed without a sexual thought went thought my mind!

Then, with a change in my brain chemistry, it became difficult to even FORMULATE a single sexual thought in my mind!

So, where do spirit creature's sexual thoughts/desires come from?

PS TRUTHSEEKER - just saw your response, thanks! A McRib must be experienced to be believed!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

You can't possible prove what you just said in as much as you say I can't prove the Flood happened.

Hmm, I small difference here, If I may interject....

thetrueone only calls to question the validity of an extraordinary claim; it is the Claimants burden to prove it...

On both counts that wouldn't be him....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Breakfast,

Plain old curiosity. The scriptures say that the sons of God noticed the daughters of women. Perhaps Satan was encouraging them to think about the act of sex and proceation. And once having materialized as a human and experimented, those thoughts and feelings would be cemented in their mind forever.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Oh god.... More vodka please... That would b meraculous.... If there is a god he will gove me more vodka tonight

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Breakfast,

A scientific mind cannot grasp the invisible realm because they think in terms of human logic. A spirit is not human, they are above flesh and blood, that's why God says humans cannot come to know or understand how it works. What people seek to find out scientifically does not exist on a scale or chart they could ever understand.

• elderelite
    elderelite

THEY DONT HAVE MINDS!!!!!!!! They were supposed to be spirit creatures!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit