Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

You're scenario doesn't quite fit but I do understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.

The fallen angels were created perfect and when you fall from perfection there's nowhere else to go but down, that's why they have a judgement hanging over them and we have Christ as our savior.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

My scenario is an absurd exaturation.

The whole point is that at best, we dont know. And if we say we don't know, it perfectly fine. Instead, we say that we know, while keenly aware that we just don't know..

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan,

I believe what the Bible has to say because I have faith in it. Some might scoff at this but I think it better to have some measure of certainty. I think some of the reasons people deny the Flood is because they think in human terms, they can't measure it scientifically so therefore it couldn't have happened.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi Truthseeker. I just want to say, I love Terry's post here, and I don't scoff at your faith.

However, I don't believe the flood account for a second. It doesn't make any sense in how it was reported, how it was purportedly done, or what it accomplished.

See, "evil" according to the bible is still around. Nothing changed.

I think that the only relevant terms to measure this are in human terms.

Having said that, I wish you well in your faith. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the flood account of the bible, it's potential meaning is very limited today, especially considering the (lack of) evidence.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

AllTimeJeff,

Thanks, appreciate your comments. Each one must be comfortable in their own beliefs. I'm not a JW anymore so I could study the bible on my own, which is hard to do without WT programming.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This how the story was told to children in biblical times.

Why people don't believe it is beyond me, after all everything in the bible is true because the words of the bible were inspired by god himself

and not by men alone. .......sheesh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXvLnAdbxCc&feature=related

And yes they had Youtube in Noah's time

• dark angle
    dark angle

Excellent points Terry! Can i copy your arguments here? i'm planning to use this in debunking some stone aged belief of JW elders here.

Here's another interesting video:

The Great Flood

• Terry
    Terry

If we WANT the story of Noah to be true we'll find a way to make it plausible for ourselves, certainly.

But, we should--in the interests of our own sanity--not pretend there are any FACTS supporting those claims.

Faith is over here..................................................................................................................Evidence is over here.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ask yourself truthseeker... If, in Hezekia's day, god saw fit to kill 185,000 in the span of a few hours, to protect jersalum... Why didnt he use a simlar means instead of destryoing the whole earth....? Its a small detail and a small example, but if he is the almighty he dosent need to flood the world to destroy people.

• Terry
    Terry
    Imagine the damage 363 inches of pounding down rain per hour ....

Hmmm, that's why they called it a deluge, not just some infantile rain

Weight of 1 US Gallon of water = approx. 8.35 lb

The point of computing--in the first place--was not idle curiousity. It was to make you UNDERSTAND how much that WATER WEIGHED. It would crush a wooden floating vessel easily. Look how many gallons were falling and how fast! F=MA Force equals mass times acceleration That much water falling from on high would accelerate to a tremendous force!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit