Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch
    How about you tell me where the water from the Poles came from?

How do you know that polar ice wasn't there all along?

• cantleave
  • cantleave
  • ziddina
    ziddina
    "Without restating the Bible, I would surmise the excess water is where the North and South Poles are.
    How about you tell me where the water from the Poles came from?...." Truthseeker

[FACE/PALM SLAP!!!!]

If all the water at the poles melted, it would raise the ocean levels by a measly 225 feet... Approximately...

From this website:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_would_the_sea_level_rise_if_all_of_the_Arctic_ice_melted

"Actually, the sea level would not rise appreciably--at least, not at first. Arctic ice is floating in water, and when melted, takes up less volume than ice does. This is an oversimplification, though, since the climate changes accompanying the increased amount of seawater--which would then evaporate in larger volumes, resulting in increased rainfall, etc.--are harder to predict.

Soooo, the Arctic ice has little effect on actual sea levels....

BUT!!! The most significant ice is on the continent of Antarctica....!!

It is the ice that is sitting on land that is important. Melting of continental ice sheets acts to raise sea-levels.
    According to the Third Assessment Report of the International Panel on Climate Change, the ice contained within Greenland Ice Sheet represents a sea-level rise equivalent of 7.2 metres (24 feet).

And here is the most significant information - which I'm going to bold and ENLARGE, because you seem to have trouble absorbing new information... Which tends to happen when people rely on 3,500-year-old BRONZE-AGE superstitions and mythology...

The ice contained within the Antarctic Ice-sheet represents 61.1 metres (200 feet) of sea-level change.
    That is, if both the Antarctic Ice-Sheet, and the Greenland Ice-Sheet were to melt, sea-level would rise by 68.3 metres (224 feet). ...."

Which means that there ISN'T ENOUGH WATER ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET TO ACCOUNT FOR THE "FLOOD"....!!!

Awww, poor baby.....

Bubba, your attempts to "prove" the biblical "flood" are just going to keep failing and failing and failing and failing, because you're taking the word of igorant, superstitious, backward, Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern nomadic male sheepherders over the MODERN information provided by at least two hundred years of RESEARCH...

• Farkel
    Farkel

Terry,

I don't know why you would even create a thread like this when the great genius Alan Feuerbacher wrote the definitive treatise on the flood. He did it at MIT while STILL a dub and he started his research with the idea of proving that the Noachian Flood(tm) actually happened. By the time he was done, he realised that the WTS and the Bible was utterly and totally bullshit.

It's a deep read and a long one, but at least it is not "spiritually deep." As I recall from my dub days "spiritually deep" means "we can't explain shit, so just accept it." Alan covers virtually EVERY aspect of the Biblical Flood using accepted physics which are based upon the Bible's account. There is nothing superior to his work that I ever found.

Here's the link to the most scientific explanation I've ever seen why the Noachian flood is total horseshit:

http://corior.blogspot.com/

Alan F and I have been friends for a dozen years or more by the way.

Farkel

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

The math is wrong. its worser then that.

We talking about an sphere here with an increasing volume.

If we take a simple 2 dimension view from earth (circle) and draw an circle over it which represent the flood.

You will see that perimeter is smaller from the inside (earth surface) then the outher perimeter (the flood)

This means if we are talking about a steady rain for 960 hours, that the first seconds are so devestating that you need to think 10 feet per second.

Because the radius is increasing with this mythical rainfall you will need more time to fill every feet after another feet.

DS

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I saw on the History Channel yesterday the Atacoma Desert, the driest place on earth. The geologist broke open a random rock sitting on the surface of the desert. According to the number of pyroxenes (a mineral formed inside the rock based on the amount of solar radiation received throughout its existence), one can tell how old the rock is. The rock she broke open hadn't been touched for 22 million years.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Great thread! Sending back to the top!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol nice bump BM :) this is a good thread

• Terry
    Terry

Alan (where the heck is he these days?) was dynamite on these topics and we don't really get any

like them anymore.

Each month brings Newbies here and long-timers drift off to live their own lives.

So, I think we do others a great service when we keep these topics alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit