Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

thetrueone,

I understand where you're coming from. People only go by what they know and can measure. The Flood was an unnatural event, meaning it was supernatural, and therefore out of the bounds of our scientific reasoning.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

It's the intermingling of spiritual and physical worlds that creates such a FUBAR mess.

Literal Bible believers use the "miracle" laws of the spiritual world to describe and justify events in the physical realm.

It would be equally ineffective to ask why angels and God do not fall to earth due to gravity or what creates the lift under their wings....

PLEASE, keep them separate.

EDIT:

People only go by what they know and can measure. The Flood was an unnatural event

OK now! An unnatural event known and measured by what?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Yan,

Sorry, but I believe both exist, and just because you can't except one doesn't mean I have to.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I believe the Bible. If the Flood is a lie, then Jesus was lying when he made reference to it.

Not exactly true, no offense. Jesus is portrayed in the Gospels as one with full widsom from the spirit realm.

John 3 - 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

^ This scripture portrays Jesus "talking down" to what was considered a high rank religious figure of Nicodemus at the time. The story of the Great Flood is placed in the wrong time period. At the time of the alleged Biblical Global Flood there were many thriving civilizations that didn't seem to notice being overtaken by water. It is common scientific knowledge that the earth goes through very long and very rough stages that destroy entire wakes of life. The to think that these forces may have been caused by intelligent creator(s) is not as far fetched as many would make it out to be. It would have been a waste of Jesus' precious time to try to convince the people of the 1st century to jettison their Flood story because he knew it covered the general idea of what actually happened so the details could vacillate.

-Sab

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Let's make this more broad. . . .

Why do I desire anything at all?

Why am I hungry? Why am I thirsty?

Because different physiological states (perhaps low blood sugar) in my body cause mental states (hunger) in this damn piece of electric meat in my skull which then makes me CRAVE a delicious McRib sandwich!

Could an angel, with no physiological states and no mental states CRAVE a PHENOMENALLY DELICIOUS (albeit of dubious nutritional value) McRib sandwich?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It must have been an unnatural event, what else would you call it?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Even if it were a super natural event there would be evidence of it, just because it was supper natural doesn't mean there

cant possibly evidence of such. Unless it was a super natural story told to create reverence toward a god an ancient civilization worshiped .

Unless of course god erased all evidence himself for some unknown reason.

Perhaps you like to explain why there is no documented history of this event in other ancient civilizations ?

And as the video clearly stated kings carried on their rein right through the supposed date of the flood.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sabastious,

I hardly think Jesus would have alluded to an event people were familiar with if it wasn't true.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Because different physiological states (perhaps low blood sugar) in my body cause mental states (hunger) in this damn piece of electric meat in my skull which then makes me CRAVE a delicious McRib sandwich!

Any craving is the mind trying to nourish itself. The mind, unlike any other organ in the body, has the capacity to remember and therefore has the ability to learn and uniquely adapt. Simply describing the scientific process is dehumanization for no apparent reason.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit