Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Noah's Ark story is just silly illogical from many aspects, one obviously being from practical physics. Its just story telling by people who inertly were trying to bring some persuasive reverence to their God. The other question one could pose is why did god do this knowing that it wouldn't change a dam thing on earth concerning human behavior ??? and it didn't

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Thanks Terry

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

how can you apply modern day physics and math with a world that had magic and angels and devils and nephilem and humans lived for hundreds of years.

it's like comparing these things to middle earth in lord of the rings.

different worlds, different physics.

and it still applys whether you believe in the ark or not.

you can not apply what we know now to what we have to imagine out of a book.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think its important to realize though why the story was told in the first place. People are so closed minded ignorant when they read something out of the bible.

• Terry
    Terry

Every so often somebody claims to have discovered the ark or photographed it from an airplane or to have climbed down inside.

And, guess what? Every single instance the story ends with them encountering some accident, or being "arrested" and losing the proof they were holding in there hands.

It is a cottage industry.

There have been bogus documentaries I've seen too.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=noah%27s+ark&oq=noah%27s+ark&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4977l6663l0l8974l10l9l0l2l2l1l520l1554l0.3.2.5-1l6l0

Whenever somebody sends me one of those things (so excited about it, too) I write them an e-mail and say: "Yeah? Well, send me the clip from the NY Times. If this really happened it would be on the Frong Page, wouldn't it?"

• designs
    designs

Something is freezing this thread.

• Terry
    Terry

DEMONS!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Brother Terry, I am shocked and appalled to see you using logic in this fashion. Have you not read the latest WT that this precious, true history from our treasured past is a roadmap that guides us in how we are to act today in eagerly anticipating the next divinely sanctioned blood bath?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It looks ok in FF

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Imagine the damage 363 inches of pounding down rain per hour would do to the roof of a wooden ark....not to mention the deafening noise....and the frightened animals .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit