Applying Math, Physics, Archeology to THE STORY OF NOAH

by Terry 464 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I hardly think Jesus would have alluded to an event people were familiar with if it wasn't true.

He could have done this. If the people themselves considered it metaphor. (not saying this is true... it seems to me that the people did not consider this story a myth, but you never know) Or... if it is the point of the story that mattered more than the literal nature of the story. OR... there could be truth to it, but the story could be told in a simple terms that the people could understand. He also could have alluded to a story that the people understood so that they would more easily understand the lesson or point He was teaching.

It could have been a localized flood that they thought was world-wide. It could have been a much, much, older event than the Israelites thought. It could be translated wrong. It could even be 100% literal, even down to the timeline the bible points it as being, and scientific findings as we currently know and accept them could be wrong.

But it is the truth derived from the story that matters.

To deny the Flood, I might as well deny Christ.

I hope the above can make you reconsider this. The truth of Christ is not dependent on a biblical, inerrant, literal flood story.

Peace to you, truthseeker,

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious

People can fall in love with animal-human hybrids and inanimate objects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_sexuality

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I once read somewhere that spirits are composed of energy that vibrates at extremely high frequencies. In order to perform tasks in the physical world, they pulse down, or lower their vibrations, which gives them mass and atomic weight. This is pure speculation but if might explain how they interact with our physical world.

This is along the same lines of my beliefs/findings.

-Sab

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I hardly think Jesus would have alluded to an event people were familiar with if it wasn't true.

There's no evidence Jesus, if he existed at all, said anything attributed to him in the stories about him that were written many years later.

But even if he did, it would be unsurprising for a Jew to make reference to Jewish folklore.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think music theory is more important than society makes it out to be. All movement is vibration and movement is how we register time so therefore time could be considered music? *shakes head*

-Sab

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

or are you saying that all scripture is not inspired of God?

Of course not, not all the Scriptures were inspired by god, there is much history written in the bible, but there is also much

of it written by men who were inspired to tell imaginative stories of reverence to their chosen god.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Continuing on the same line of though, if you think about it, when you dream, you use something called creative thought or energy utilized for that dream.

Like phantom energy, it can't harm you even if you dream you've been mortally wounded, but the spirits take creative energy one step further, they become what they think, thought is gasoline to the body and with it they cast how they want to appear, it's what gives them their arms and legs.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sab if you have globular clusters , I'd suggest you go see a Doctor right away.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He could have done this. If the people themselves considered it metaphor. (not saying this is true... it seems to me that the people did not consider this story a myth, but you never know) Or... if it is the point of the story that mattered more than the literal nature of the story. OR... there could be truth to it, but the story could be told in a simple terms that the people could understand. He also could have alluded to a story that the people understood so that they would more easily understand the lesson or point He was teaching.

I think people in our society take our literacy for granted. In ancient times if something was written down to be read aloud to the people, who couldn't take notes, it needed to be simple. Therefore truth, at that point, requires alteration for it to not be lost in translation. Much of the entire Bible was written for THAT audience and with THAT purpose. Why do people ignore this?

-Sab

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Dreams have been seen as a connection to the unconscious . They range from normal and ordinary to overly surreal and bizarre. Dreams can have varying natures, such as frightening , exciting, magical , melancholic , adventurous, or sexual. The events in dreams are generally outside the control of the dreamer, with the exception of lucid dreaming , where the dreamer is self-aware . Dreams can at times make a creative thought occur to the person or give a sense of inspiration . [2]

Maybe a good part of the bible are descriptions of dreams by the ancients.

Being that the ancients did not know what and why dreams occurred when we sleep ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit