ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg, now she's thrown class warfare in the mix. Let me guess, you're upper class and Shelby and her "posse" are obviously of the lower sort?

Oops, someone forgot Beks and Tec. White or black? I really don't care.

• Violia
    Violia

In my real life world at work I have seen blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and other minority races group together. I can't imagine why anyone would deny this happens. In my lifetime the race I have seen that does not do this is white- as it appears most try and widen out and not limit their association to one culture. Most of the racial tension I have seen in my life comes from those with limited education, black or white or whatever. Most of the discrimination I have seen has been social, not racial.

I know Shelby uses what I call Ghetto slang, but I don't care. I don't always understand what she says but I like her posts just b/c of her sweet spirit.

I will now declare I am white ( English)/native American and I too have some outlaw ancestry. My ancestors never owned slaves either, in fact, most had to pick cotton along side the slaves.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sigh...this may be a very naive statement but can everyone just get along on New Year's Eve? I'm sure there are legitimate hurt feelings on both sides - but the reasons surely don't matter as much as the fact that we're all human beings working to understand one another. Are there instances when this could be expressed better? Sure. But (in my opinion) everyone here contributes something to this forum that has helped me grow as a person. Can we all just take a step back and appreciate something positive in one another..even if they piss us off?

*ducks and runs*

• shamus
    shamus

POOPSAAAYYYY!!! >:O

• Violia
    Violia

poopsie states the painfully obvious.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Can we all just take a step back and appreciate something positive in one another..even if they piss us off?

Don't duck and run, that's what others were thinking but didn't dare to say.

• shamus
    shamus

Poopsie,

let's derail this thread. Come, child, we can do this.

Hell, I'll even let band on the run join in.

Come, children, a funny monkey wishes to play...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Fine but no biting!

Detrail away but do not start a posse!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I want to feel that I can walk away from here with some dignity and on my own time not run off by a thug. I would assume that all members have equal rights. If someone with seniority starts a thread, they cannot order you not to post. I would not be where I am if I were not feisty. No one runs me off.

Would it be so much nicer to discuss current events, what it was like being a Witness, the history of doctrine, recreational books and films? Pizza topiings/!

After the Language of a Guest marathon thread, this thread was started to put me down. New Year's Eve celebrations and special films are on TV. Do I have to drag my lap top to watch the ball come down at Time Square? Life can be so interesting and wonderful. Why waste it with all this massive bs today.

• Violia
    Violia

derailment , cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit