ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, why do some folks feel the need to remind black folks that they are indeed black? I just don't get that.

I'm pretty much glad I stayed off that topic. Some folks don't know how to play nice.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This is about racial tension? Wow. I wasn't seeing that at all.

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's a sad thing too EP, cause I Had no clue that me postin' Happy New year

to this fool, was threatening to her , I didn't know she considered me a thugg

who'd a thought,

A Damn fool that's what she is

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Said by Band on Shelby's topic:

"Bull that she is not hurting anyone. I feel threatened and thugged. When we have a normal difference of opinion, her posse posts very disparaging remarks and threatens that Shelby can take me down or watch out. My perception is again that it is ghettoese to demean me and virtual violence is threatened. Her posse rarely adds a substantive distinction to the discussion. Just watch out for Shelby or else. No one else here does that. So Shelby is not responsible for them but I do believe it is racial. I may be wrong but I doubt it."

I get it now Wasblind.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If anybody threatened to" take her down "

why don't she tell the mods so they can look

into the situation ???? that's what they are here for

All that education , and she ain't got the damn sense

to alert the mods if she have indeed been threatened

Looks to me like she wasted those university professors time

she ain't learn sh!t

Dat thug enough fa ya ;)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So who's in this "Posse"? And is it just black folks or multicultural? I'm kinda confused cuz ghetto and thug got thrown it there and I know Shelby doesn't just hang with black folks, hell her hubby is latino and a lot of the folks who are fond of her here aren't all black.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I may never know the actual experience of being African-American in the U.S. More than the vast majority of African-Americans I have devoted to my life to remedying past discrimination. My childhood experience was not normal. The only white JWs I knew growing up were at Bethel or my immediate relatives. I do know how crummy being a member of the minority can be. B/c of knowing actual black folk, I was intrigued by the early civil rights movement. My father was a major liberal Democratic union delegate undercover b/c of the Witnesses. I've logged the hours.

White ethnics will not accept being demonized for somethiing we never did. No one in my family had slaves. Indeed, their working conditions in Europe were far worse than the conditions for slaves in the South. Again, I rarely run into this since I left the great terrorized Northern city with racial warfare. I know it when it happens. I had no idea what race anyone was until recently but I had suspciious after don't mess with Shelby, Shelby will show you. If my friends ever did that to a person, I would be mortified and apologize if I played any role.

You may have your posse but I grew up in immediate NJ mafia territory. The area joke is that my high school holds its reunions in federal pens. Mess with me enough and there is possible redress. The overwhellming majority of minority people I met through school, neighborhood or the Witnesses were so nice, interesting, and friendly once they saw that I was always in the housiing project. Perhaps 15-20 scummy members on each side, ruined life for the rest of us.

Again, I see merit in Shelby. Her corrections and superiority based on a very subjective, noncommunity standard, annoys me and others. I truly see her version of the correct way as adding interest and value. Grading others based on her private revelations is not cool.

• Twisty
    Twisty

This is Hilarious you lot dont know what racial tension is, every person of any minority tribe, race or anything else that would put them as seperate in their respective countries have had some form of prejudice shown in there long history. You feel entitled to that chip on your shoulder?

African

Twisty

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I may never know the actual experience of being African-American in the U.S. More than the vast majority of African-Americans I have devoted to my life to remedying past discrimination."

Call me stupid, but tell me exactly what is it you can do to change the past, prey tell

Maybe you should try to work on the future, with a better mindset toward all races

But that's just my ghettoese, thug opinion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Twisty, don't piss me

I don't know what country your from, but in this land

you will Not tell me I don't know what it is to be discriminated against

I never once said that blacks are the only one to have ever experienced this

But band made it clear who she was talkin' 'bout and it was toward blacks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit