ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Live from Lincoln Center on PBS is presenting the NY PHilharmonic. Bernstein's West Side Story and Gerswin's Rhapsody in Blue are the main pieces. Alec Baldwin, of all people, is doing the color interviews with the conductor and piano player. He is wonderful at it, better than a classical immersed person. I plan to be there in person in the future. They already did the Bernstein orchestral piece. It will be available on PBS for one week.

• shamus
    shamus

Very nice ,BOR. :) I'm changing the channel right now.

Thanks.

• tec
    tec

I'm staying in tonight too. Going to read the Hunger Games, and watch some zombie movies.

TO PREPARE FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE COMING IN 2012!

(that would be tomorrow)

• tec
    tec

Mrs. Jones... do you think the book is geared more toward girls? My son didn't look all that interested, but he is more into fantasy. Ah, well, I'll know in a few hours!

• Violia
    Violia

We are watching stuff on the TV about 2012. this new years reminds me of Y2k, what a hoot that was.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It appears to be Tec. My daughter eats that stuff up.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Everybody here failed to mention the best TV viewing that's been a tradition for the last ten or so years

The Honeymooners Marathon!! I wait for it every New Year's !!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

My son bought me The Hunger Games to read. I am starting it tonight. It looks so awesome :)

It's a trilogy. I read all three books in four days I enjoyed them so much, so you might want to order the other two soon so you have them waiting.

• tec
    tec

I JUST READ (oops, stuck on my own rules)... I just read the first page. I'm so going to love this book :)

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Wassup wassup wassup my ladies?!!

Huh, after catchin' up on this thread it's startin' to look like somebody needs to have they head snatched bald. Or beat like a redheaded stepchild.

And yes, I did recently return from a lovely afternoon movie and then dinner including wine. But if my posse needs some muscle, I'm here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit