ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Damn, how many hours to wherever the hell you and your Hutterites are?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yes well Alberta is the Appalachia of Canada...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I guess I'd better start planning my Canadian vaca

• shamus100
    shamus100

Poopsie,

You haven't spent much time in Saskatchewan, have you?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I guess I should have said Alberta Man/Sask...but I didn't want to confuse the Americans

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Well that's not hard when talking about those northern wastelands

• shamus100
    shamus100

Pffft....

At least we don't have wastelands of jesus freaks.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Bahhh!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I see I am not part of the posse then

happy new year to you all

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

that does not give you the right to say all blacks group up

in a posse and are ghettoese and thugs

--------------------------------------------------------

I try to stay out of these contrary kind of posts and I'm just reading them all and trying to figure out what is going on. I will say one thing though - the above statement is certainly true however, the same is true of statements commonly heard that 'white man' stole the native lands and slaughtered the Indian. (that's example but there are a lot more)

This arbitrary generalization perpetuates the myth that all white people hate/d other races and cultures and tried to wipe them out. This is so far from the truth it's ridiculous, but it does not stop people simply saying 'white man' is evil and pointing the finger, so as much as we cannot say all black groups are in a posse etc, we should not say all white people are the cause of oppression and hate. We would be better off recognizing that there are powerful people who in their quest to retain power will use whatever means they choose to hold on to it. All of us, of every color and every race of people, have been used and abused by others in power ful positions at some point in history and it is those people who are responsible, not a whole country or a whole race of people.

Generalizations - purposefully perpetrated by politics, media, religion etc - to divide and continue dividing. It doesn't make a person racist if they have an opinion on a subject. In this case, I don't know the poster and can't say what was in their mind by using the words they did - sammies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit