ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Is "threatened" also relating to race? I don't think so.

And I think she does have a point when saying there is a "posse" of posters of a certain ethnicity that work together. I've seen it happen on several occasions. It doesn't make BOTR racist. She's pointing out what she's observed.

And if that makes me a racist then you have rocks in your head.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Tec

Your such a treasure

wish I could work my smiley faces

Luv Wuz

• tec
    tec

I'm just going to assume that the last two posts came in at the same time as Was's and my posts.

BP, you will understand why I am interested in having Band name the 'members' of this 'posse'. Because that just might clear up for her this idea she has that it is racial or a racist.

Peace,

Tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Kiss away Babe,

and the word ghettoese was qouted by the highly

educated Band, why don't you kiss her ass

and maybe she can tell you how she came up with it

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This so funny. Band, as hard as it may be for you to believe all black folks don't run in a posse. I never had and never will. I have a group of friends, most of whom aren't black nor live in the ghetto. So glad this topic isn't about race.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Tec ' even though shelby is black

Shelby has many who like her not just one race

that's why I fail to understand why Band thinks

it's racial thing

• wasblind
    wasblind

BP,

Band was the one who said it was a racial thing

if you can't see that , then yes, you have rocks in your head

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh and to clarify I don't habitually speak Ebonics. The closest I get to it is when I say in jest "dat" but if you are ever bestowed the honor of hearing my voice you won't hear a whiff of Ebonics unless I'm angry then it sounds like a white girl with strange sprinklings of Ebonics thrown it. I've been told that it's quite amusing...by the hubby.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is an Internet forum of dubious class sometimes. I am not an indicted criminal on trial to be interrogated. Anyone can read the archived posts. I do perceive reverse racism. More than racism, though, I perceive class warfare. Shelby's posts problems have very little to do with revelation, which I keep repeating. The thug like responses that annoy me b/c there is no true discussion, or references to traditions or history, as so many others here do. Unless you sing her praises, you receive hate replies. Tammy is on the periperhy but not really. Kind of dear, actually. The others can be determined simply by reading the archives. I read perhaps others use the posse between five and ten times before I thought it appropriate. If others are using posse, are they Klanspeople too?

Ghetto is a place. It is not a better, elevated place than any other place. I can see being proud of one's heritage. My dad was a coalminer. PUtting other people down b/c you mistakenly believe they have always been upper middle class is as bad as a wealth person talking about welfare queens.

But be clear: I do not post for others. Others cannot judge me. You are entitled to your opinion but degrading me is degrading yourself more. This is not a recent phenomena. It started with my very first post. Pounce, degrade, with the weirdest remarks.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Wasblind, let me break it up for you...

Wasblind's ethnicity - black

Shelby's ethnicity - black

MrsJones5's ethnicity - black

Hmmm.... maybe BOTR's suggestion of a posse of a group of women from a certain ethnic background might have some basis after all...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit