ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Never confuse Ole Wuz wit Jesus, cause I can be filled with HELL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

IUnlike others here, I am not God, I wrote of my perception at a very gut and very experienced level. Walk away the way I did (flew away is more accurate) and it stops. It is not a fact of life that one must bear. I don't believe I perceived it in a vacuum. Rather than run down and threaten the person more and call someone who has worked on civil rights cases for decades, I'd wonder whether certain terms were necessary for my points.

I am certain that when I am home I speak less formally at work. When I am addressing a forum composed of all races and from countries around the globe, I would endeavor to cut the home slang as to not hurt or let myself be misconstrued.

I knowingly and purposefully risk much to make the comment. My mind has entertained the thought for months. Perhaps I will regret my posts tomorrow (but I will have plenty of company) but why can't I be authentic for once. Why can only one side proclaim that they are uncomfortable and hurt?

Sit in the Civil Rights Leadership Conference or meet with NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Inc. lawyers to plan strategy and then call me a klanswoman. When I was a toddler the Klan was active in the NJ suburbs and yet my parents never refrained from being seen with black friends and calling them brother and sister. No big deal today. Explosive and walking on the side of death in my youth. I still can't believe a black man (also white) is President--and I believe he is a U.S. citizen. I grew up watching the little girls in Birmingham face fire hoses and vicious German Shepherds. I cannot be wrapped up to suit your purposes.

• Violia
    Violia

Last night I watched 30 Rock and LOL when Tracey Jordon said that racism was coming back b/c he'd seen a commercial with a black man being the burglar. The black guys on the show set out to try and intimidate the others only to get told that many folks have suffered from being minorities, women being the foremost.

in the end 30 rock said that blacks can't cry if they are being treated like everyone else-life is crap for a lot of us.

just thought I'd throw in a little levity.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

To be quite blunt, when I hear those words, I think more of intimidating gang activities than racial.

I'll have to check the source context.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I don't care what you DONE in the past

that's dead, done over and cold far as I'm concerned

that does not give you the right to say all blacks group up

in a posse and are ghettoese and thugs

the things you do now is what count

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

"Thug" isn't racial. It certainly doesn't apply to only one race or minority.

• tec
    tec

I still don't understand. I'm not calling you racist. I am asking you to verify your accustation. Who is this 'posse', and what specific way were you threatened and bullied? It should be simple, unless it is only based on how you are perceiving things, and not how things actually are.

Who and what are you referring to in your accusation?

I'm just going to leave off though, now, because I'm pretty sure that you're not answering the question because there is no answer to the question, and I don't want to harass you further. But I will call you on accusations that may or may not include me in the future.

I do wish you peace,

Tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Said by Band on Shelby's topic:

"Bull that she is not hurting anyone. I feel threatened and thugged. When we have a normal difference of opinion, her posse posts very disparaging remarks and threatens that Shelby can take me down or watch out. My perception is again that it is ghettoese to demean me and virtual violence is threatened. Her posse rarely adds a substantive distinction to the discussion. Just watch out for Shelby or else. No one else here does that. So Shelby is not responsible for them but I do believe it is racial. I may be wrong but I doubt it."

This should clear it up as to who brought up the thing about race

• tec
    tec

No, thug, isn't racial, BP... but Band is the one who stated that she thought it was racial... this 'posse' coming after her and using 'ghettoese'. So perhaps she was thinking reverse racism. But even that has to be backed up with something if you're going to make that accusation.

Peace,

Tammy

• Twisty
    Twisty

"it shows in the words you use and in your

post You would be better off joinin' the klan"

Fact: You said BOTR should join the Klan because of a sentence she wrote, (Because of course a white person that mentions anything along racial lines is a racist and should go there)

And as far as i can tell There are no racial connotations to thugs or posse in particular and i have never heard of ghettoese ever.

Here is a spade for you, try again because slow learners deserve as many chances as they need.

Btw I'll gladly kiss your ass its the only way to get people with racial inferiority complexes to do anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit