Band on the Run,

used the words theatened, thugged , posse, and ghettoese

in a post of hers and claims this so-called "posse"

have no substance, Oh well, you no what they say about an opinion

It's just like an azzhole everybody got one

Band I applaud you in freein' yourself from this life detroyin' cult

I applaud you for persuin' your education

I applaud you for quite a few things, but you still have a lot

to learn , these things go beyond anything you were deprived of while in this cult

and beyond what any university can teach you

It's called lessons in life , You still need to work on that

and untill you work on that, your just an educated fool

And in my venacular : nuff said

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You still have enormous amount to learn. Offering advice is presemptuous unless one is asked for their opinion. Indeed, until the day/night we all return to dust we all have much to learn. Perhaps there is even more to learn on the other side. If you have little respect for the advice giver, who cares about the advice?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Presumpt hell !!! If ya don't know ya need ta ask somebody

and scince ya didn't I volunteered

Band, your true colors have shown

it shows in the words you use and in your

post You would be better off joinin' the klan

just don't come 'round my house with no rope

because I will turn it on YOU!!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I decided to go to NYU Law School b/c my volunteer work and academic study of the civil rights movement was so important to me. My life was at risk b/c I had both black and white friends. One of only a few people in the region. Each side threatened to shun me for the opposite race friends. I marched in civil rights demos in NY and DC. An illness prevented me from going to do voter registration in the South. The Northern influence caused the death of black girl.

I have spent countless hours volunteeering for the ACLU and NOW. When I worked for the US Senate, I attended Civil Rights Leadership Conference meetings in the capitol. To mimic Adam Clayton Powell, I've paid my dues.

Blonde white girls can live impoverished lives. Ethnic concerns jumped to the forefront of sociology and politcal science. When I was in college, there were far more male black lawyers than ethnic white male lawyers. The same was true for every field.

Martin Luther King, Jr. saw the power in combining the civil rights movement and labor unions. Such a coalition could accomplish so much. It is no accident that he stayed alive until he joined white labor.

I have fought hard and risked much for the cause of civil rights. Why anyone would want to play ghetto girl and threaten me with Shelby's retribution is very sick. I refused to turn the other cheek. No race is better than any other race. In fact, races don't exist in scientific terms. I will not roll over in fear. To be fair, Shelby uses ghetto ese. When it is not directed at me, it is does not bother me. I wonder why a professional would do so but this is not a professional forum. Shelby's posse (and I am only using posse now b/c so many others have termed it her posse before). An admirer pointing out some merit in the content of Shelby's post does not bother me. When people come on and warn me there will be retribution, I saw no you don't. If I wrote white venom towards every perceived black, I should be banned.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Band said " If you have little respect for the advice giver, who cares about the advice? "

I hate takin' Milk of magnesia , but I take it in order to get my bussiness done

your bussiness won't get done without some sage advice

• wasblind
    wasblind

Life lesson : people can read between the lines

another life lesson : there's not one damn " thang " you can tell me about civil rights

I've fought to protect mine all my life

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sorry I don't follow Band that much, which topic was that?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Josie :)

It was on that long thread 'bout aguest 101, page 20

where u at Band ??? I'm the total opposite of Shelby, damn the peace

I'm here to raise pure HELL !!! a much as I can get away with

• tec
    tec

BOTR, I have no idea what you're talking about. No posse is going all ghetto-threat-thug on you, whatever that means in the first place. And you give advice too, even unsolicited AND unwanted, so what you said makes no sense. The only racial tension is the tension you are making, yourself.

Shelby doesn't want any more communication with you. You say you don't want any more with her, but your actions seem to speak differently. You stay in your corner, Shelby stays in hers... problem solved. But CAN you stay in your corner?

Peace,

Tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'm not following this at all. Either the beef wasblind has with BoTR or the advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit