ADVICE TO BAND ON THE RUN

by wasblind 168 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes, Ebonics and country are remarkably similar

LOL, and they all go back to Old English and Old Irish. I listened to someone that studied this and was fascinated. When they said the exact same phrases using "white" voices and "black" voices, one sounded like a scene from an old English movie.

Personally I always loved to listen to how different people speak. I remember this old (very old) black man used to fish at Lake Erie. I'd go sit next to him because I loved the sound of his voice and how he expressed himself. His voice was gravelly yet somehow still rich. His laugh just rolled and it was contagious. I used to just sit there and listen to him and laugh at his constant little stories and jokes. My friends didn't understand, and I couldn't understand how anyone could find this speech annoying I found it quite joyful, and when he would talk, I just felt like "things was gonna be awright!"

We really should appreciate each other more. The thing I don't like is when speech is used to exclude or separate us. I never could figure out why we want everyone to be the same. It's boring.

That man never asked what a clueless white girl was doing hanging out near him. He just welcomed me (I made him laugh) and included me and sought to entertain me, even though I'm sure he didn't understand. I always thought he was a beautiful person who never said an unkind thing. Other people made fun of his speech. We are ridiculous sometimes.

NC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love accents too.

• Violia
    Violia

I woke up pink this am, actually I was always pink . I just thought I was white.

I love the turn this thread has taken.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm actually golden brown.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm actually golden brown. .....Josie

Well I can be nice and brown too if I get a tan..Still got a white bum thou..

Can`t tan naked..Don`t want to scare my pets

Us white folks have to work to get a tan..

God likes to keep us busy..

Dam finger is still purple..

...........................;-)...OUTLAW

Band I applaud you in freein' yourself from this life detroyin' cult. I applaud you for persuin' your education I applaud you for quite a few things, but you still have a lot. to learn , these things go beyond anything you were deprived of while in this cult and beyond what any university can teach you It's called lessons in life , You still need to work on that and untill you work on that, your just an educated fool and in my venacular : nuff said

Wasblind, apparently the rules do not apply to you?

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid: 1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language

Happy New Year, Wasblind! I hope you feel better now that you've started your new year by inititating a thread, the purpose of which was to disparage another person on this forum. But you managed to go a little lower; you played the race card in a shameful and meritless effort to incite racial tension and acrimony on this site.

Folks like you are normally found in kingdom halls.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm not tense or acrimonious. I'm in a rather jolly mood. Last night's silliness was fun and stress relieving.

Then the "effort" was obviously a failure! Happy New Year, Josie!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Happy New Year Mr Sexy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit