1 John 4:2

by N.drew 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

I already said that I fully understand that the bible can't forgive me.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"So "believing on the Lord Jesus" means adopting in one's own heart"

So being saved is something that man does?

Man choses to adopt in his own heart?

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I already said that I fully understand that the bible can't forgive me.

Then why put your faith in it? Why look to it? Why not put your FULL faith in the One who CAN (according to you, did) forgive you? Why not look to him... and ONLY him? I mean, wasn't that the point of his words as recorded at John 3:14? Of course, you might have to read the account in Numbers to understand, though. You can find that at Numbers 21:7-9.

"required"? Can I get a list?

Sure: faith. THAT is all that is required. And belief... is not faith. They are two very different things. Which is why you should research that word "believes".

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• bob1999
    bob1999

"In other words recognizing that salvation belongs to God and then obeying God for slavation. "

And who can do that? I mean obeying God?

Can natural (fallen, unregenerate) man do that?

Does man have to obey God completely to gain salvation?

Or does one sin (act of disobedience) mean you're not saved?

Peace

• N.drew
    N.drew

Being saved is something man chooses. "the spirit and the bride keep on saying come and let anyone hearing say come and let anyone thirsting come letanyone that wishes take life's water free."

Yes it is something man does. God is savior, but only they who listen (doing) and coming (doing) are saved.

• bob1999
    bob1999

You say "Why look to it?"

And then you want me to look at John 3:14 and Numbers 21:7-9

You ask why I look at it and then you tell me to look at it?

"Sure: faith. THAT is all that is required. And belief... is not faith"

I use those words interchangeably. Maybe I shouldn't.

I have faith in God and Christ.

BTW That faith was given to me by God.

Peace

• N.drew
    N.drew

Haha

Does man have to obey God completely to gain salvation?

Or does one sin (act of disobedience) mean you're not saved?

It's late and I'm tired. And tired people do stupid tired things so here goes...

Is it really so that God has said you must not eat from every tree of the garden?

Sorry...I couldn't help it...I think I'm not calling you satan bob.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Yes it is something man does. God is savior, but only they who listen (doing) and coming (doing) are saved."

But who are the ones who will listen, who are the ones who will come?

"Being saved is something man chooses"

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.

Is Paul lying?

Peace

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac, you are such, such a blessing on this board.
    Shades

Too kind, I thank you :)

I simply try to meet people in the middle and try to explain my views ( and they are always just my) in a way that they can relate.

Sometimes I suceed and sometimes I fail but I always do it out of love :)

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you for lOVE PSacramemto! Love back at you. I mean that.

God is a delicatessen

Sandwich time!

A god sandwich is understanding scripture by what comes before (a piece of bread) and by what comes after (another piece of bread).

Romans 9:15 means God is he who shows mercy to whomever he wills (God is judge).

3628 oiktirmós – properly, compassion (pity), i.e. deep feeling about someone's difficulty or misfortune ( TDNT , 1:159). Noun

Also (in certain tenses) prolonged oiktereo oyk-ter-eh'-o from oiktos (pity); to exercise pity -- have compassion on. Verb

Romans 6:16 (the meat of the sandwich)

First of all for wordiness I shall say something about the other words to the Romans. I think what he means is who is Israel, in other words who is he who after accepting God's mercy is (1 Corinthians 9:24) running for the finish.

so now it is written (at Romans 6:16 by men interpreted)

"So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy".

But what is says is; it does not depend on who wants to run or even who is running (the wanting to and the doing are wills and runs) but depends on who is showing mercy as God shows mercy.

The other piece of bread (I almost forgot) No open face sandwich for you.

Then it is written that Pharoah showed this very phenomenon of obstinancy in showing mercy. Just like many who are being warned that they are running (having chosen to do the will of god) but they are not showing godly mercy.

So God's mercy continues on him who continues to reflect Godly mercy. That's what doing God's will depends on. You can want to, you can even pretend you are running, but is is only pretending if you are not reflecting (for real) The True God's MERCY.

It does not "depend...on God who has mercy" It depends on man who is willing to continue in God's mercy for each other.

Oh just one more thing (a pickle perhaps) it of course DOES depend on God's mercy but the scribe would's waste ink telling us so because it's like saying "DUH?"

I'm going to leave it there because I've never seen it before. I mean would's but i meant would waste. I mean I wrote would's but meant would. I'm clicking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit