1 John 4:2

by N.drew 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

bob1999 who's flesh do you think it is referring to?

Tradition agrees it means HIS flesh. Can it mean our flesh. If not, why not?

It makes sense to me if it means the flesh of believers because I can't see how a simple agreeing Jesus came can identify a person if from God.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"...I can't see how a simple agreeing Jesus came can identify a person if from God."

Because the natural man can not and does not seek after God. Only a man who has had his heart changed by the Spirit would dare say that the Son of God came in the flesh.

Peace

• Ding
    Ding

I think the gnostics claimed that Jesus couldn't have come in the flesh because the flesh is evil. John's statement contradicts that teaching.

• N.drew
    N.drew

1537 ek (a preposition, written eks before a vowel) – properly, " out from and to" (the out come); out from within . 1537 /ek ("out of") is one of the most under-translated (and therefore mis-translated) Greek propositions – often being confined to the meaning "by." 1537 ( ek ) has a two-layered meaning (" out from and to ") which makes it out-come oriented (out of the depths of the source and extending to its impact on the object).

• N.drew
    N.drew

"He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. In flesh.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Just read to the end of the book.

Paraphrasing....He who believes only believes because God loved him first.

4:13 13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.

We didn't take his spirit, he has given it to us.

4:15 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.

But who on earth would do such a thing? Read what Paul says about natural (fallen) man.

Fallen man would never acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God.

Peace

• N.drew
    N.drew

Do you bob agree that Christ resides in you to do the works of faith that are reflective of The God Of Love? Yes? Then we agree and thus do not need to agree on which scripture means what.

Peace

Are there any posters here that believe Jesus is God's son, but need not obey him?

• bob1999
    bob1999

How can a man, who knows that he is in God and has eternal life, not try (out of thankfulness) to do God's will?

Christians do the will of God because they are saved, not to be saved. So I'm not sure I understand your word "need".

I feel that I personlly need to do the will of God for many reasons but not in the same sense as "need" to keep God Law as if I were still under law.

Paul teaches that all things are permissable.

Christains as free from law and sin and guilt.

John writes in 1 John 5:13 "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

Question, how long is "eternal life"?

Peace, Philippians 4:7

• N.drew
    N.drew

No, not try to do God's will. But let the perfect will of God work through the flesh. Not try, do.

It's not out of thankfulness . It is our showing TRUST. It's not; maybe we will do God's will. It is being in harmony with the love then the love does God's will.

If you believe God dwells in you and you are for Christ then you do not have to wait for Christ to happen. Look up "wait" in the concordance and you will see that it applies to before Christ. Christ dwells in us, we need not wait for him.

The antichrist is waiting still because the antichrist believes Christ to be next to us. Christ can not be next to us. He is in us.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Let go, let God...

I think we may both be saying the same thing. We just say it in very different ways.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit