1 John 4:2

by N.drew 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Why is it that Shelby, Tammy and N. Drew never seem to admonish or even disagree with eachother, good grief, I disagree with my husband, and my mentors!

Honestly, both Shelby and Nancy answered as I would.

If I find something to disagree with, then I might do so. But I don't find that. I can certainly find things that I might not yet understand... but I know full well that this doesn't make those things wrong. Sometimes I just have to read the post again, or sit on it and mull it over, or ask Christ for myself, and listen for an answer. (the best option) But they belong to Him, and not to me. If something needs admonishing, then it will come from Him. (I know Shelby asks for herself... I don't know N.Drew as well, but I would guess that it is the same)

So who am I, compared to our Lord? NOT the one to be listened to instead, lol!

As for husbands and mentors, well... they know no more than we do (in general), and so of course we all disagree on things. But if we are listening to and learning from the same One, then why would we disagree regarding what He teaches?

Peace to you Shades,

Tammy

• dm6
    dm6

N.Drew - Yeah good scripture, i always say jehovahs witnesses should read : 2nd john 1:7

• N.drew
    N.drew

some people say "let go, let God"

But that is assuming God works without, not within.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

"in flesh" Greek "en sarki"

en - en (a preposition) – properly, in (inside, within); (figuratively) "in the realm (sphere) of," as in the condition (state) in which something operates from the inside (within).

sarki - sárksproperly, flesh ("carnal"), merely of human origin or empowerment.

1/sárks ("flesh") is not always evil in Scripture. Indeed, it is used positively in relation to sexual intercourse in marriage (Eph 5:31) – as well as for the sinless human body of Jesus (Jn 1:14; 1 Jn 4:2,3). Indeed, flesh (what is physical) is necessary for the body to live out the faith the Lord works in (Gal 2:20).]

So then he who is still advertising the messiah who "comes back" is actually a type of anti-christ.

Because that means we should wait for instructions on what to do and how to do it.

And then if you wait you waste it.

There is no good reason why God can't work the will of God for God's Kingdom NOW.

Is it not written "Lord help me out where I need faith" ?

Then the antichrist is saying God is giving everlasting life to those who believe Jesus came for real? Really? Was there a Queen of Sheba? So you have to love history to live with God?....hm, I don't think so. I am sure to believe God can work the will of God through my measley flesh it's not much of a jump (for everlasting life) for me to believe he came through the Christ who is the Messiah of Israel (like, also). I think that comes free with the real meaning of 2 John 1:7.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I am sure to believe God can work the will of God through my measley flesh it's not much of a jump

If those who don't get this (because they are unable to hear the truth of it, FROM the Truth) would give a few minutes to studying what the Apostles (and Paul) DID... in line with what Christ DID... perhaps they would "see" this free gift (the power of holy spirit and how it works) and receive understanding by means of it, as well, dear N.Drew (the greatest of love and peace to you!). For instance, Acts 3:1-16:

" Now Peter and John were going up into the temple for the hour of prayer, the ninth hour, and a certain man that was lame from his mother’s womb was being carried, and they would daily put him near the temple door that was called Beautiful, in order to ask gifts of mercy from those entering into the temple. When he caught sight of Peter and John about to go into the temple he began requesting to get gifts of mercy. But Peter, together with John, gazed at him and said: “Take a look at us.” So he fixed his attention upon them, expecting to get something from them. However, Peter said: “Silver and gold I do not possess, but what I do have is what I give you: In the name of [Jesus] Christ the Naz·a·rene´, walk!” With that he took hold of him by the right hand and raised him up. Instantly the soles of his feet and his anklebones were made firm; and, leaping up, he stood up and began walking, and he entered with them into the temple, walking and leaping and praising God. And all the people got sight of him walking and praising God. Moreover, they began to recognize him, that this was the man that used to sit for gifts of mercy at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, and they became filled with astonishment and ecstasy at what had happened to him."

So, okay, this man experienced a "miracle." But that is not the POINT of the account. That (the point) is this:

" Well, as the man was holding onto Peter and John, all the people ran together to them at what was called Sol´o·mon’s colonnade, surprised out of their wits. When Peter saw this, he said to the people: “Men of Israel, why are YOU wondering over this, or why are YOU gazing at US as though by personal power or godly devotion WE have made him walk? The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, [Jesus], whom YOU , for YOUR part, delivered up and disowned before Pilate’s face, when he had decided to release him. Yes, YOU disowned that holy and righteous one, and YOU asked for a man, a murderer, to be freely granted to YOU , whereas YOU killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses. Consequently his name, by [our] faith in his name, has made this man strong whom YOU behold and know, and the faith that is through him has given the man this complete soundness in the sight of all of YOU."

What Peter was saying is that it was God... through Christ... through his and John's faith IN that One... is what healed the man, gave him the ability to walk. NOT Peter or John themselves. How were THEY able to do it? GOD did it... THROUGH Christ... who dwelled IN THEM. Christ... was in THEIR flesh, now.

Elementary things, dear one... and a reason to rejoice for those of us who understand them!

Again, peace to you... and thank you for sharing what you did. As our Lord said to those in Philadelphia:

"Keep holding fast what YOU have."

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

You are wrong about everything concerning me and my motives. My husband and I are one in the Spirit. I rely on the Spirit more than anything in my life. He leads me.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Dear ShadesofGrey I do not know anything about your motives. If I have been offensive to you and your motives, I am sorry. It was not intentional.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

some people say "let go, let God"

But that is assuming God works without, not within.

Wrong. When I said that it is because I apply these scriptures to you, to SA, to every believer. I trust that I don't need to overly concern myself with correcting others. I simply disagree, plant a seed and trust in God at work in your life in her life... I can even trust God to work in the lives of unbelievers. I don't need to continue debating until you see my point. I can let go and trust that He is in control of all things.

Colossians 1:27 And this is the secret: Christ lives in you.

1 John 2:27 But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ. 1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.

I am sure to believe God can work the will of God through my measley flesh it's not much of a jump

I agree. This applies to all who are being led by God's Spirit. When I left the JW organization it was a result of admitting I was wrong in everything and I had to trust Christ to lead me. As my one and only mediator. In fact I said, "I will never listen to those men again, Lord, only you." I allow His spirit to lead my in everything. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Do not lean on your own understanding but in ALL your ways take notice of Him. He leads me to the scriptures I need. He leads me in my understanding of them. He shows me when people agree with Him, when their council is coming from the Spirit, and when it isn't. He teaches me how to show my love, how to be a parent, how to be a friend, how to get through days of pain and sickness with grace. I am nothing without Him. I am everything because of Him.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you Shades. I feel the same way.

But what I meant is that some people think that they do not have to do anything for God's Kingdom (except to reap the benefits). I believe differently. I did not say it about you, that's why I said "some people". Do you think there are people like that? I was talking about "works". God's fellow workers do something for the building up of each other.

1 Corinthians 3:9.

"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building".

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Just an FYI: I had no idea until just now that anything was going on with people disagreeing with SA on other threads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit