Please don’t be guilty of committing the sins you have indicted the WatchTower of

by mankkeli 184 Replies latest jw experiences

• ziddina
    ziddina

He's not "hunting" you, you @#$%@#$@%....

He's calling a spade a spade...

Zid the She-Devil - who also calls BS on Makkitup...

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

How to Make Friends by making yourself Seem Superior.. by Mankkeli

Now available in Paperback!

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

ziddina- Of what benefit is it to use expressions like "BS" on this board while expecting lurkers to take you serious or think you have left the organisation for good reasons.

• NewChapter
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

May I ask what was your personal reason for coming here Mankkeli ?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

It's been done before........

and I think it is needed here.....

When you post we hear.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o_2Y-twWSw

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

thetrueone - To balance discussions on board and inject sanity where appropriate. I have received tens of PMs in few weeks for this magnanimous activity, a lot of lurkers have commended my effort as I have prevented them from making rash decisions.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They did need bodyguards, in fairness. The persecution before WWII and during WWII was bad. A right wing Catholic priest named Couglin stirred up right wing Catholics. If you did not worship the flag, you were a godless communist. Times were hard. Coughlin organized some thugs who entered a peaceable convention at Madison Square Garden and they threw ammonia bombs at women and children. My mom was present. She told me the story, not my father. She was no JW zealot. Her commitment survived b/c he beat her horribly. Being born-in, her self-esteem was low. My father and other men took on the thugs. It sounds as though the New York police did not show up quickly -- an understatment. They used canes to repel the thugs.

My father was active b/c his father was active. He grew up in a classic coal mining town. When he attended a large convention with his father, they took one look at his frame and asked him to come to Bethel. He had access to the luminaries that can't be duplicated today. Most of the time he worked in the factory, binding books. Bethel was only around 100 men then. I watch the Bethelites by the thousands now, as they enter and exit the buildings. It would be unthinkable in his day. My father and his pals watched Rutherford pursue his romantic inclinations. It was voyeurism.

He was sent way up to Harlem, primarily to spy, and if he did not make curfew, he had to ride the subways all night until the doors opened in the morning. No excuse was allowed. Families fed him b/c the food was so bad at Bethel. He remarked that when there was a good harvest, everyone had to thank Jehovah for blessing the Kingdom Farm. When there was a drought, Jehovah was not mentioned.

In fairness, I do believe any priest serving the curia at the Vatican would have similar experiences. I recall when our city was torn by severe race riots. He wanted a gun in case I was raped. My mom did not want a fire arm available.

You are viewing the Witnesses from the lens of someone still captivated. You assume they are legitimate. Perhaps a little off-course but legitimate. I assert based on my study and experiences that they are not legitimate. We are under no obligation to give deference to a lawless body that asserts control over our lives. Rather, it is our duty to resist in every way possible.

I had no choice about the Witnesses. Once I did, I was gone. Yet the wreckage of my youth remains. My experience is not unique. The Witnesses are not the only height of hypocrisy. They are, however, the cult that affected my life in a host of negative ways. They deserve no deference. As I said before, I do try to counter for my rage. My rage comes from gut. It is not cerebral. It is Jesus' way of imploring to run and to run very quickly.

People have always left the Witnesses but had no way before the Internet of effectively communicating with like minded people.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "@ziddina....Of what benefit is it to use expressions like "BS" on this board while expecting lurkers to take you serious or think you have left the organisation for good reasons...." [Makkitup...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg

• AGuest
    AGuest

Icky thread, this...

Peace!

SA, who had a "senior" moment and so "forgot" and opened the door again... backing out, for good, this time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit