Please don’t be guilty of committing the sins you have indicted the WatchTower of

by mankkeli 184 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone's getting flustered. Is your thread not going the way you wanted Manny? Oh, that's too bad.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is a point. Every time someone makes a false or inaccurate statement about JWs, it only bolsters the religion. I despise them so much that I consciously go out of my way to provide some balance. Besides, people don't believe ranters who are overly vehement. I learned a lot since coming to this forum. Should I be fair to the Nazis? I believed one time that this was a low class ( in several measures of the terms) that preached very strange doctrine and controlled its members. My mom and dad root me in contempt for the org. I was born-in. My mom was expelled from high school for not saluting the flag at age fourteen. This is an o rganization that hurts people. A child should never be forced to lose their life or future livelihood b/c of their parent's religion. My mom told me that the Society set up an alternative Kingdom school for the expelled children. So much crap happened there that her parents adamantly refused to send her. They pinched pennies during the Depression to send her to secretarial school. A school where the average student was in their 20s. Imagine a 14 year old being hired for a respectable position.

My father was a bodyguard to both Rutherford and Knorr. I heard such hypocrisy all the time. Family members were deeply burned but were still loyal to the religion -- the pie in the sky, not the org. on earth. It was something to be suffered.

The sad thing is I don't think the harms done to my family were unsusual. I imagine everyone here has similar stories. Mine might be more Behtel oriented b/c I grew up in the NY area and Bethel was very small back then so there was more intimacy. I also believe everyone here can testify to the lack of love within KHs. I've experience other churches - Episcopal, Mehodist, Catholic, So. Baptist. You can feel the good will present, regardless of doctrinal belief.

The text of the Bible disproves most of their doctrines. I've spent years studying the Bible as academic religious history. I won't use lack of Bible text to indict them b/c the Bible is not clear in many instances and I believe almost every religion reads it through their own prism. I do not view orthodoxy as reflecting the views of Jesus or Paul.

The overreaching control is nothing short of totalitarian. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. How dare they define shirt color or whether women can wear trousers? It is not essential to their doctrine. It is pure control. I believe their doctrine can be taught without control. I would never want to be a good German. Also, what I write here is other former JWs and not the world at large. I never had an opportunity to vent my hurts and rage to other former JWs until this forum. I was shocked to find such a site. The blood doctrine, oral sex, neutrallity that is constantly shifting-hurts people.I had no idea that so many others shared my outrage.

Recently, I was research a matter of civil rights law. In a law review database, I stumbled (by grace) upon an article written about Jehovah's Witnesses and Japan immediately before and during WWII. It riveted me. Much is known of the German experience but I did not realize there were sizeable Japanese JWs. A JW female (hypocrisy) lawyer wrote a long article that did not mention a single individual Japanese JW. It was all about the heroic exploits of Rutherford, shuffling paper across his desk, in Brooklyn. In fairness, my mom told me U boats surfaced in NY harbor. Brooklyn - what a challenge, protected by the military might of Allied on homeland, large oceans away from the scene of the crime. I wept for the Japanese witnesses, who had to be viewed through Japanese culture and not American culture where freedom of religion is important.

History needs Dietrich Bonhoffers, Martin Luthers. Luther never intended to break with the Church. The Church broke with him. I dissent. I shall continue to dissent strongly. I do pray that my rage may be funneled into constructive uses.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oh my goodness, Manky, you're scaring me again!!!

Of course many of us have the "audacity to accuse the organization of dishonesty" because they are dishonest. They are also the ones that "have the audacity" to claim to be God's One True Organization. Get the clue!!! Seriously.

And to answer your question, YES, I am an honest person now that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I couldn't be when I was in because I was teaching lies and deception and living as a hypocrite. Hmmm, just like the GB!

Thanks for pointing out the distinction!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There's a difference in any one of us being dishonest about certain things. We aren't claiming to be God's mouthpiece.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NewChapter - Please open a new chapter in your mental chaplain and stop behaving like a new chap without a spiritual championship swagger.

Henceforth, on this forum, could we please post coherent thoughts that one can glean from a single reading. If I have to reread a post, and then break it down into smaller components to make sense of it, and then have to put it back together only to still find myself clueless as to the meaning, I get very cranky. We all need to set the example in this regard, which is to not irritate me. This forum revolves around me, and I suspect only came into existence the day I signed on. Thank you for your cooperation and maturity.

Ass. Is that better? ;)

JRK, that was as close to perfection as one who needed to be corrected can come. I congratulate your growth.

NC

• unshackled
    unshackled

Liza Mankkeli is a troll. Act accordingly.

• N.drew
    N.drew

That is a very good declamation Band! Bodyguard? Can that be proved because wow, wouldn't that be the one thing that would turn some heads? The "congregation" is a reflection of the early Christians and they had a bodyguard? We are suppose to trust in JHVH and you got the heads of the group trusting in bodyguards? WOW. That sounds like a good thing to put on a poster near an assembly. My father was a bodyguard to both Rutherford and Knorr.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

mankkeli

I have been a witness in sweden for 30 years.
    You are nuts!

• N.drew
    N.drew

Henceforth, on this forum, could we please post coherent thoughts that one can glean from a single reading. If I have to reread a post, and then break it down into smaller components to make sense of it, and then have to put it back together only to still find myself clueless as to the meaning, I get very cranky. We all need to set the example in this regard, which is to not irritate me. This forum revolves around me, and I suspect only came into existence the day I signed on. Thank you for your cooperation and maturity.

GOOD BYE MY FRIENDS!!!
  • charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I think we have most of the votes and Yes....YES!!

JWN......has officially declared...............

Mankieli..........

NUTS!!!!!!! It's official You Heard it hear FIRST!!!!!

with 73% of votes counted..... NUTS is the Winner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit