Please don’t be guilty of committing the sins you have indicted the WatchTower of

by mankkeli 184 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

N. Drew, you have a pm---in a minute.

• N.drew
    N.drew

IS IT GOOD OR BAD?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL! You gotta read it to find out.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Henceforth, I will appreciate it if everyone on this board coordinate his or herself in a dignifying manner, a manner worth of emulating and a manner worth of reference

Sorry owner of the boad, I didnt know this was your forum......

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Charlie Brown

I'd rate him number 2 in the JWN nuts Dept. actually somebody who's name starts with the last letter in the alphabet take the Number 1 spot, and I have the private messages to prove it. (also have message/post from mankeli saying not to post on his messages anymore also)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Now I wonder if either one of them will choose to show their indidivual intelligence and curse me out here on the board again . . . . hhmmmm.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Oh No.......

OPENED!!! LOL

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

It is a point. Every time someone makes a false or inaccurate statement about JWs, it only bolsters the religion. I despise them so much that I consciously go out of my way to provide some balance. Besides, people don't believe ranters who are overly vehement. I learned a lot since coming to this forum. Should I be fair to the Nazis? I believed one time that this was a low class ( in several measures of the terms) that preached very strange doctrine and controlled its members. My mom and dad root me in contempt for the org. I was born-in. My mom was expelled from high school for not saluting the flag at age fourteen. This is an o rganization that hurts people. A child should never be forced to lose their life or future livelihood b/c of their parent's religion. My mom told me that the Society set up an alternative Kingdom school for the expelled children. So much crap happened there that her parents adamantly refused to send her. They pinched pennies during the Depression to send her to secretarial school. A school where the average student was in their 20s. Imagine a 14 year old being hired for a respectable position.

My father was a bodyguard to both Rutherford and Knorr. I heard such hypocrisy all the time. Family members were deeply burned but were still loyal to the religion -- the pie in the sky, not the org. on earth. It was something to be suffered.

The sad thing is I don't think the harms done to my family were unsusual. I imagine everyone here has similar stories. Mine might be more Behtel oriented b/c I grew up in the NY area and Bethel was very small back then so there was more intimacy. I also believe everyone here can testify to the lack of love within KHs. I've experience other churches - Episcopal, Mehodist, Catholic, So. Baptist. You can feel the good will present, regardless of doctrinal belief.

The text of the Bible disproves most of their doctrines. I've spent years studying the Bible as academic religious history. I won't use lack of Bible text to indict them b/c the Bible is not clear in many instances and I believe almost every religion reads it through their own prism. I do not view orthodoxy as reflecting the views of Jesus or Paul.

The overreaching control is nothing short of totalitarian. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. How dare they define shirt color or whether women can wear trousers? It is not essential to their doctrine. It is pure control. I believe their doctrine can be taught without control. I would never want to be a good German. Also, what I write here is other former JWs and not the world at large. I never had an opportunity to vent my hurts and rage to other former JWs until this forum. I was shocked to find such a site. The blood doctrine, oral sex, neutrallity that is constantly shifting-hurts people.I had no idea that so many others shared my outrage.

Recently, I was research a matter of civil rights law. In a law review database, I stumbled (by grace) upon an article written about Jehovah's Witnesses and Japan immediately before and during WWII. It riveted me. Much is known of the German experience but I did not realize there were sizeable Japanese JWs. A JW female (hypocrisy) lawyer wrote a long article that did not mention a single individual Japanese JW. It was all about the heroic exploits of Rutherford, shuffling paper across his desk, in Brooklyn. In fairness, my mom told me U boats surfaced in NY harbor. Brooklyn - what a challenge, protected by the military might of Allied on homeland, large oceans away from the scene of the crime. I wept for the Japanese witnesses, who had to be viewed through Japanese culture and not American culture where freedom of religion is important.

History needs Dietrich Bonhoffers, Martin Luthers. Luther never intended to break with the Church. The Church broke with him. I dissent. I shall continue to dissent strongly. I do pray that my rage may be funneled into constructive uses.

WE get it.
  • charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Match Point!!!!!!!!

Cyberjesus

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Mankkeli said,

...we may be wholeheartedly interested in exposing the absurdity and the preposterousity of this enigmatic organization.

"preposterousity - no dictionary results" according to dictionary.com.

In your quest to use big-sounding words you are butchering the language. Even the proper form of the word you're after sounds clumsy and should be avoided when possible, but if you find it impossible to lay off the big words, the proper form is preposterousness.

Do you use words like this to make it appear that you are deep thinking, intelligent, and qualified to counsel others?

Are you a Cyber Doctor, or a Cyber Quack who is full of himself? You appear to be the latter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit