Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Drew, my disgust is that these losers are sullying a movement that every American alive should be at the least paying rapt attention to. I'm sorry, but my bigger disgust is at the normal seeming folks right here, who don't seem to give a hoot that their rights are being usurped by the mega corps every day. The day Citizens United was decided, I posted a thread here, just sure that all of us would find common ground, it was that heinous. But no. At first some were undecided and hinted at understanding. Within a news cycle, they were marching in lockstep. You can find the thread here somewhere. I knew then that the R & F Right was no better than a bright eyed JW.

Tea Partiers are tools. They are working for the very masters we ought to be fighting to take back our democracy. These people are.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Are you saying that no intelligent person could question the legitimacy of the movement? Seriously, you believe that no one could question the legitimacy of the OWS protests that is educated, reasonable, thoughtful, intelligent, and compassionate?

Yep, pretty much. A perpetrator, brainwashed, uninformed,.........................that's about it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It means different things to different people in different countries. I fully support protesters in the U.S.

In Canada, they are calling the protest not a protest at all. They are calling it a campground and people are getting sick of it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just off the news I'm watching right now - looks like a bunch of fucking losers. Our economy is doing great.

• designs
    designs

Saturday and where will you be. We have two main locales in San Diego County, Ca.. Time to visit and check it out.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The message is crystal clear! "We elected you. Fix this unconsciable mess. Fix it now or you won't be re-elected."

Occupy Wall St. reminds me of famous march on Washington, D.C. I can't recall which war it was - Spanish American, Civil, or WWI--the veterans were not paid. They were starving. A tent city was formed. They stayed for months. Ended badly.

People are neither legislatures nor executives. It is not our job to have polished plans. The global economy was in imminent danger of unraveling. They would not move beyond their selfish agendas. I believe they needed that money or the consequences would have been much, more worse. There were restrictions available, short of nationalization of the banks. Someone should have played an adult.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Shamus I don't know much about Canada, eh? What is the foreclosure situation like there? Unemployment? You DO have health care, that's huge. It's very different here in many ways. My gosh we have the highest prison population in the world, and one of the highest levels of inequality in developed nations.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Our housing is among the best in the world, our unemployment is low to the point of needing workers, healthcare is good - not spectacular but good.

It means nothing in Canada. I understand why people in the states are pissed. Up here, there are homeless people and 'professional protesters' that have blue hair, dreadlocks, stinky hippie pants, and smoke loads of weed. They come in and wreck everything. ;) We really don't have a lot to be pissed about up here.

I've been offered 3 jobs in the last month alone - and I am not talking about lousy jobs either. Hell, I may be moving to Texas because supposedly people don't want to work down there and lack expertise. yeah, I'll do it.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I predict you will hate Texas Y'all.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Move to texas, monkey. I'll take you out for a drink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit