Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• lingno2
    lingno2

ic...ehm i'm thinking that GB knows that this scenario will come and even worst. Taking in consideration the latest 9/11 celeb.: they establish a must see tourist spot bringing bus. boom on tourism needing a more hotels etc.. Transiting the old must see place like rome, greece, egypt and the likes making NY a world tourist destination.

By the way D.O.'s will have a tour in NY

• JeffT
    JeffT

man you are irritating.
    once again you attempt to steer everyones minds into your dark little narrow view point.
    and it doesn't do anything but make you look foolish.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, expecting messages to be internally consistent. I'm sorry I have such a narrow viewpoint. In the future I'll spout gibberish and if you can't figure out what I mean, its because you don't have my intellectual skills.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

From Occupy Wall Street to Occupy Everywhere

http://www.thenation.com/article/163924/occupy-wall-street-occupy-everywhere

Tabling that discussion week after week, the General Assembly focused on more practical matters. There were debates about tactics, fundraising, food and wrenching ones about how to build the GA’s website. Over time, the sense emerged that demands weren’t the right thing to be after. In the first place, it didn’t seem likely that the 20,000 people Adbusters hoped for would appear anytime soon. (Even if they did, when 20,000 people had marched for a day on Wall Street in May, it hardly made a dent.) The more realistic and strategic goal, it seemed, was movement-building. Just as assemblies like this one had spread through Spain in the summer, and through Argentina after the economic crisis in 2001, they would try to plant the seeds for assemblies to grow around the city and around the country. These, in turn, could blossom into a significant, even effective, political movement. Specific demands might come later, after the movement grew.

To give you an idea of where this was starting from: the occupation began with just a few thousand dollars on hand and no idea who would show up.

• lisaBObeesa
  • Lore
    Lore
    So, basically, the OCCUPY movement is in favor of government control, but only if it controls the things they want and not the things they do not want.

I'm not personally very familiar with the goals of the occupy movement. But doesn't that sentence pretty much describe EVERY movement that isn't completely anarchistic?

I want the government to make murder illegal, but I don't want the government to make Pepsi illegal.

Is that internally inconsistant? If so. . . sorry I didn't realise.

• JeffT
    JeffT

You're already out of luck, the government does regulate Pepsi, its subject to FDA regulation and interstate commerce laws.

The kind of inconsistency some of us complain about is illustrated by the fact that a large number of progressives support a woman's right to choose to reproduce, but oppose her right to choose where to send them to school.

• designs
    designs

free2-

You sound like my dad and his generation...or Rush Limbaugh

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I suggest that since we are split in this nation about 50-50 then maybe we should draw a line down the middle from north to south giving the democratic party exactly the same amount of land as the republican party.

The democrats can take the west (San Fransisco could be the Capitol) and the republicans can "Occupy" the east (D.C. Capitol remains where it is).

If your values are consistent with the conservative party then move east, liberal? Move west.

Thereby, you will be within a landmass that is occupied with like minded individuals and the utopia that you desire can be created.

The west shall become the wild west again and within a generation maybe sooner the liberal pilgrims will be begging to be re-annexed due to tribal warefare and the desire for a more civil style of government.

The only variable, is a Mexican government/drug lord take-over.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Don't let morons get you down, Free, this is a great thread.

Are You Smarter Than a Wall Street Occupier?

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/10/occupy_wall_street_quiz.html

• designs
    designs

Yep yep them damn Russkies goin be a marching up street any minute now...spit ding

Mayor Sam Yorty of Los Angeles had the attitude in the 1965 Watts Riots 'why are they unhappy'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit