Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hmmm....all I can say is that ignoring this tidal wave of an historic event is going to come down on YOUR head, not ours. This is not going away, so if you want to understand YOUR world, better read up.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Bizzy, you vitriolic, insulting, self-righteous, judgemental, close minded, envious, yet ignorant snob:

Ahhhh....the final refuge of the ideologically bankrupt.....personal insult..........c'mon, drew, pull back and see the bigger picture.......it ain't me, dude....................we're probably on the same side.......................

Talesin said:

jameswoods,,, don't patronize me, we are no longer in the Kingdumb Hell, and I am NOT some scaredy-cat little 'sister' you can intimidate ---- "Comrade Talesin" ,,, you have no argument, your logic is circular, and you are a coward. -- Talesin

James, I think BizzyBee's words are apposite:

Ahhhh....the final refuge of the ideologically bankrupt.....personal insult.......... -- BizzyBee
  • botchtowersociety
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

talk is cheap.

no one has addressed the fact that the park is private property.

hope someone sets up shop on your yard!

• Duderino
    Duderino

Occupy Whatever stuff

Remember when the Tea Party was in Arizona and that one guy lawfully carried an AR-15 in a sling on his shoulder? Remember how it made the news and how the beltway crowd was really freaking the Hell out? Remember how MSNBC used selective editing to make it look like it was a disheveled white guy when it was really done by a clean cut black guy? And the media went into OMG!!!111 mode?

Funny story. Turns out, theres a bunch of guys at Occupy Phoenix wearing camo, tactical gear and carrying around AR-15s and I haven’t heard a peep about it in the press.

And on the local radio news this morning, it was reported that the folks at Occupy Nashville asked the police for protection because, and I am not making this up, they were camped out near a bunch of homeless people. I guess the 99% swings the other way too?

And NYPD says gun crime is up because of Occupy Wall Street.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

private property!

private property!

private property!

private property!

private property!

private property!

private property!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Ironic:

Occupy Wall Street kitchen staff protesting fixing food for freeloaders

The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

For three days beginning tomorrow, the cooks will serve only brown rice and other spartan grub instead of the usual menu of organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad.

They will also provide directions to local soup kitchens for the vagrants, criminals and other freeloaders who have been descending on Zuccotti Park in increasing numbers every day.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/zuccotti_hell_kitchen_i5biNyYYhpa8MSYIL9xSDL

• talesin
    talesin

==================

144,000 ... it was wrong of me to make the 'arseholes' comment. Actually, that is the main reason I came onto this thread, is to apologize for taking the 'low road' in that comment. To have stooped to your level, is to have gone too far.

I am more than happy to debate ideologies, rather than resort to personal attacks.

===================================================

you said this:

It's rather ironic that your statement above is almost identical to the statements of rednecks who hated the Vietnam War protestors and created the slogan, "America, love it or leave it." Congratulations! You have established yourself as one of their peers.

Loving that you are throwing around the term 'ironic'.

YOU are the person who is vilifying the protestors.

Are they not exercising their rights under your Constitution and its Amendments?

I would like to pose another viewpoint... I have been involved in social activism for over 15 years, also worked / volunteered in crisis intervention (youth at risk and rape / adult survivors / homeless persons ).

eg.

Out of 125 people who are camped out at city hall,, perhaps 3 of them are street folk who usually don't stand out, but are so happy to have food, be around people, and maybe are on the street b/c of mental illness,, or deal with addiction, who the protestors / organizers welcome, as that is their philosophy (don't turn away those who no one else wants) .. so , maybe the press or someone politically opposed to social programs films this small percentile urinating or defecating on city property... it has been my experience of being involved with social activists, that the chain of command (consensus-based) would ensure the mess was cleaned up.

When I make that statement, I speak as someone who has been, among other things, a festival organizer, a live-in counsellor with homeless youth, and volunteered for abt 25 years after leaving the WT, and just hella super doesn't enjoy your supercilious viewpoint that all hippies are stupid and /or poor or intellectually challenged.

Also, there are many of the successful and brilliant who believe in helping the poor and disenfranchised ...

can you say .... Bill Gates??? Ted Turner??? Warren Buffet???

really, I'd rather relax than list more examples of my logic ...

Your whole disregard for the fact that your fcuk frickin lucky to be born where you are escapes you, and .....

I think that is what pushed my buttons! ROFL!!! yikes ...

Do I need to repeat your comments ... one ... more ... time ... ? I think not. All it takes is a 'click' on the previous pages to read them.

as for this,,, 144,000

I've definitely lost respect for you.

You never showed any in the first place. What have you lost? Come on,, really?

Stick a fork in me. I'm done!

Buh-BYE!!

:))

t

• talesin
    talesin

umm, I lived 'downtown' for 4 years, and never had a prob with protestors ....

the people who were destructive?

The wed - sat crowd ,, college students coming home from bars ... turned over garbage cans, left litter from pizza slice plates, etc.; fighting, etc...

Every weekend, someone would get beaten unconscious -- call the police, they would take 45 mins to get there ... and yes, that is why I moved.

Middle class,,, college kids ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit