Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I offer you a challenge ---- go over on Flipper's thread about the OCCUPY protests, and post the same comments, verbatim.

t

• talesin
    talesin

But, but --- Isn't that MARXISM?

Your fear is palpable... honestly, it gives me shivers.

Is it *that* terrifying to consider another point of view? another way of doing things?

I don't get it.

t

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Talesin,

It seems to be desperately important to the right to discount and feign ignorance of the OWS message (thus the title of this thread.) One would have to be awfully insulated from the real world in order to have no idea what is going on. So it is being framed as "poor against rich" (which, actually, would be an interesting turnaround.)

I've given up discussing that aspect of the protests, because clearly the right has a death grip on ignorance that will not be dislodged by facts.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Is it *that* terrifying to consider another point of view? another way of doing things?
    I don't get it.

It can be if it is you who they want to rip off to give your stuff to the poor.

People who lived in Cuba in 1960 get it.

Talesin,

Please support your assertion that my post is "bullshit." So far, the only "change" that Occupy _____ has accomplished is turds and pee in the streets, and more unemployed folks who can now add legal problems to their resume.

I can certainly relate to their gripes, but I fail to see how their actions are going to have any impact whatsoever on the problems they're bitching about. But more power to them; at least they have the energy and wherewithal to do something about their gripes.

As I said before, I also have gripes about our current "system of things." But what should I do about them? For me, the answer to that question, is to vent my gripes over a few beers with friends. My approach to changing the world will be just as effective as the approach taken by the Occupy movement, but unlike the Occupy protestors, I will sleep well in a nice bed, and in the morning, I'll poop in a clean toilet, instead of urinating and defecating on the street like the Occupy protestors.

To each his or her own, Talesin!

• talesin
    talesin

james_woods ,,, I see no coherent argument in what you say .. can you please clarify?

Your emotional statement about "people who lived in Cuba" has what to do with this discussion??

t

• talesin
    talesin

144,000 - going back 2 read the post, etc

t

• talesin
    talesin

ps 2 144.000 v. bsy 2/3 days, value yr thoughts

t

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Your emotional statement about "people who lived in Cuba" has what to do with this discussion??

Because they suffered under Marxism, which is exactly what this OCCUPY movement wants.

Because you said that no one had anything to fear from this movement, and those people feared Castro more than crossing 90 miles of open ocean in leaky boats.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, and JAMES WOODS

You IGNORED my challenge.

WHAT SAY YOU?

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit