Further proof of no real message in OCCUPY

by free2beme 229 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

BOTR Said:

I am a proud liberal! Within the new few weeks, I am going to Wall Street to show my solidarity.

Oh really! Solidarity, huh. Do you really want to show solidarity with these people? I feel pity for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlRQCPJcew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55OAozWeNo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjm4LxFa1c

• Adiva
    Adiva

Drewcoul: There will always be fringe groups and crazies trying to horn in on a cause, just to get their 2 cents in. When the civil rights movement started picking up steam, the unions tried to ride on their coat tails. It just happens.

Adiva

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Do the protestors hate Hungarian Hedge fund managers too, or is it only Jewish hedge fund managers?

• drewcoul
    drewcoul
    There will always be fringe groups and crazies trying to horn in on a cause, just to get their 2 cents in.

BOTR said they would be there to show solidarity.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    A movement that is becoming a punch line, and completely ignored.
    It's an amalgam of viewpoints and isn't really effetive.

OWS is certainly not being ignored, as is proven by this thread alone. And it is therefore, by demonstration, effective.

• JeffT
    JeffT

OWS is a big tent indeed. Just ask Alec Baldwin, he can shill for Captial One and protest it at the same time.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Bizzy said:

OWS is certainly not being ignored, as is proven by this thread alone. And it is therefore, by demonstration, effective.

Bizzy: What have they been effective in doing? What have they accomplished? getting publicity? is that all? People are talking about them? There is more to being effective than getting attention. They have not articulated a consistent solution to all the grievances they want addressed. They aren't even consistent as to what grievances they have. I agree with some of what some of them are saying such as being against TARP and bailouts. If a company or a bank are too big to fail, they are too big. They deserve to fail. But they can't agree on what the problem is in the first place except that they think rich people are bad, and the Jews are part of the problem. There are simply too many voices saying too many different things. They have not been effective at getting a message out, and that is their objective. How would you define effective?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    they think rich people are bad, and the Jews are part of the problem.
    They have not been effective at getting a message out, and that is their objective.

Drew,

First, do you seriously believe that the Occupy movement is about protesting rich people and Jews?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

There is no need to articulate a solution, that's not their job. It's the job of our elected officials to listen to the American people and do the job they were hired for. They have certainly helped change the dialogue in this country over the last month.

Anyone who doesn't understand the message of this movement is either extremely uninformed, or willfully ignorant.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Looks like a bunch are getting shut down. Some have degenerated into "The Lord of the Flies."

Occupy Oakland is being vacated. I read Seattle, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit