This convention blows

by Anony Mous 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Godrulz, by my estimation you have succeeded in putting more people here off "Christ" than helping even one ot two convert. You ooze a patronizing approach in which you come across as god-like. You endlessly preach and - just like the JWs - use every opportunity to promote your religious beliefs.

You refuse to see similarities between yourself and JWs whereas those of us who were raised in the organization see spooky similiarities. Your need to preach is not much different from the JWs need to preach. All else is irrelevant detail.

You might consult a few books on effective approaches to reaching people who have left "cults". They might give you some helpful ideas on how to move away from your vain sledgehammer approach.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I am calling people to Christ. They can join a Baptist church or any other evangelical church.....GodRulz

So there are other Evangelical Demonized Religions you approve of,besides Pentecostals?..

LOL!!..

If you had any Grasp at all,of JW Beliefs..

You would`nt even bother with your Evangelical Bullshit..

Your Stuck on Stupid..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I lost count somewhere , but how many threads has Godrulz completely derailed?

• godrulz
    godrulz

If I used to be passionate for WT (never was one), I would hope I would not be less passionate for Jesus, even to the point of death. He died for me, I will live for Him. I agree there is wisdom in approach and fanaticism can turn people off.

Here is a softer approach: Folks, who do you all think Jesus is and should we give our lives to Him or not?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Anonymous Angel: My Lord, why do you cringe so?

Jesus: Oh godrulz is out their speaking in my name again. It's so embarrassing.

Anonymous Angel: Would you like some wine My Lord? It will help you deal with this travesty.

Jesus: Just bring me some water. I'll take care of it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here is a softer approach: Folks, who do you all think Jesus is and should we give our lives to Him or not?

Still missing that point.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Here is a more direct approach: What does your question have to do with this thread topic?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

EEKS. Remember how the WT used to employ the term FOLKS all the time?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

sigh...please provide some kind of proof that the Jesus of the bible is an historical person. Faith is a scary thing because the only proof you can provide comes from a book that's been soundly discounted as contradictory fables by the rules of logic. So you fall back on faith. That's fine, but when you use that faith as a bludgeoning tool towards those who have a different faith or no faith at all, you put yourself in the same pot as every other extremist out there.

Here's another Paine quote:

Of all the tyrannies that afflict mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst. Every other species of tyranny is limited to the world we live in, but this attempts a stride beyond the grave and seeks to pursue us into eternity.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here is a more direct approach: What does your question have to do with this thread topic?

I heard crickets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit