This convention blows

by Anony Mous 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• godrulz
    godrulz

Why is this? I hope not. Many JWs are now Christians because a concerned Christian stood for truth without compromise. Speak the truth in love. I am sorry the love part is not coming out, but I would give my life for a JW to know the real Jesus (like Paul would for the Jews).

• Intel
  • designs
    designs

Yes you do see a few Witnesses join some Christian Churches or accept the Beliefs of nominal Christianity. They replace the 'theocratic' language we were taught as JWs with Churchy Language with its own set of phraseology its an interesting study- the continued suspension of reason and science in critical areas of one's life. I went to Calvary Chapel, and the Presbyterian Church, among others after I left the Witnesses it was the same credulity just different terms and phrases.

The thing about Protesters at Conventions or people like you who slip into the crowds at Assemblies to Witness for Jesus as you see him is that nearly every Witness knows what Christianity is about because they interact with Church people all the time. The other part is that the Protesters typically get their facts wrong like mouthy did accusing Russell of being a Free Mason (like there's anything wrong with being a Mason in the first place) and accuse the JWs of things they don't Believe. I use to look up all the Scriptures they would have on their Placards and look up the websites they'd post, half of it was junk. And as a result JWs will look at you and the Protesters and realize you're nut jobs. Then they stay where they are for longer than they would have when their normal desire for growth and answers would have led them away from the Watchtower much sooner.

So yes you and the Protesters are part of the problem not the solution.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Perhaps the problem was your understanding. If a placard has the right translation of Jn. 1:1 (vs sectarian NWT error), you may disagree, but it is still truth. A protestor could speak and share truth in writing, but the JW would be conditioned to reject it or misunderstand it. Almost always when the trinity comes up, the arguments are lame like trinity word is not in Scripture (neither is theocracy, governing body, millennium, kingdom hall, shunning, etc.), it is 3 gods (false straw man), who did Jesus pray to or who ran the universe while Jesus was in the grave, etc. This shows that JWs do NOT understand basic Christian doctrine at all and are rejecting a WT straw man version that Christians would also reject. JWs give pat WT answers that they do not even understand half the time. I have found gross biblical, Christian ignorance among elders, etc. They are too busy going door to door with simple books/booklets (vs wrestling with doctrine, exegesis, research; even GB/writing dept. does not do contextual study, just proof texts or shoddy misquoting of authorities; listening to Losch GB talk shows me they do not understand the basics of biblical interpretation/application as shown by constantly changing or flip flopping doctrine like Rom. 13) or attending meetings, etc. Bible study is replaced with book/magazine study indoctrination with leading questions. Without their aids, many JWs cannot answer basic questions on any given verse/proof text (original language ignorance; context ignorance, etc.).

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Who cares what JW's believe and why is that relevant in your response to Designs? Are you trying to convince him that JW's got it wrong---well I think he figured that out on his own. Yet you keep coming back to what JW's believe and use it to argue against a group that are NOT Jw's. Or are you possibly holding the fact that we were once JW's against us? Are you trying to remind us over and over of our past mistake? Do you continue to attack JW doctrine in your response to us as a way of setting yourself up as superior because you didn't make that mistake? Oh wait, I think you already answered that:

You did not think in your past and it appears you are not thinking now either. WT gives simplistic answers for complex problems appealing to simpletons

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about your past--so that we too can bash you over the head repeatedly about what you USED to believe. Let us show you your mistakes and highlight them for you over and over. Let us attack you with what you USED to believe.

You are just like your god. Oh wait---that's right, your god claims to be forgiving. I can just picture Jesus beating a group of people that have left a former religion with the fact that they once belonged to that religion. Yes, it is very clear now.

Hey godrulz, remember how you used to be 30 years ago? God you were stupid. That was so stupid of you. I was NEVER that stooopied. What a simpleton you were. God you were ignorant. Sheesh I'm so much better than you because I didn't make your mistakes. You have proven by your past that you are incapable of making decisions now. Let me show you the way. You have already proven yourself to be an ignoramous.

Yeah---I wouldn't want to have much to do with a petty god who spawns believers that never leave people alone, that set themselves up as superior because they chose something different, and you are here to keep using it against us.

• designs
    designs

NC-

Its amazing isn't it, ever had a discussion with someone who had a concussion, talking with godrulz is kinda like that

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Talesin: I wonder if it's possible for something to suck and blow at the same time ... oh yeah, you just came from the convention ....

As I tried to read this thread, I had the same thought... almost...

Since the convention blows and godrulz sucks, what was that convention like that godrulz attended?

Sorry, I tried to control myself and not get into bashing. Normally, I try to avoid violating posting rule #1 and just ignore every godrulz post, but it's annoying to have to skip over every response to gr. Trying to recruit exJWs to some pentecostal sect? Pffft. I'd much rather be converted to piracy...

pirate

now that puts the "racy" in piracy.

Oops! Sorry if I'm posting off topic!

In conclusion, the convention blows but sexy costumes would have made the dramas much more interesting.

• Intel
    Intel

Billy, I propose you as the Drama Director for our next Apostate Convention 2012....we will meet EVERY F***ing weekend, drink beer and rehearse the Drama....you bring the chicks and the clothes

Love it!

• Intel
    Intel

I love how Jesus is trying so hard to help everyone:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• flipper
    flipper

Some here are just giving Godsrust what he wants - attention for his marketing of JESUS . I for one would be very pleased if someone who attended one of these conventions would just share some more psychotic WT information from these to show how these conventions " blow " so as to assist some here on the board to see how crazy the WT society's teachings are becoming.

Personally- I think paying homage to Godsrulerz is giving him more fuel for the starting of his new cult- or whatever it is he's trying to accomplish. He's certainly not staying on topic that's for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit