This convention blows

by Anony Mous 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I used to HATE conventions so much I would have panic attacks a week leading up to them. The stress would trigger my chronic fatigue syndrome and I would literally crash in bed for a week after returning. I can honestly say they are a 100% waste of time because most people go on auto pilot and zone everything out anyway............so glad I don't have to stomache them anymore. Peace, Lilly

• godrulz
    godrulz

One post cannot derail a thead, especially when previous posts on the thread were more relevant. Also, just because you don't see the connection does not mean one does not exist. If you scrutinize all posts/posters, they will inevitably fail your egg shell test since it is not uncommon for people to put up joke videos, make superficial, personal, passing comments, etc. This is a forum, not a doctoral thesis that needs to be dissected. Even Paul in Scripture would wander from the topic and come back. Good grief.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I noticed some people taking notes at the Convention. It looked like there was an outline book. Even I took detailed notes of the last talk so I could look up things and not misrepresent what was said. Any meeting will be a mix of keeners and bored ones. I imagine newer converts might hang on every word, while those hearing the same rehash might be more distractable. The best of us would yawn after 3 days of this stuff. This is probably why the dramas are seen as high points (as mediocre as they were). Most non-JW church goers could also be guilty of boredom at times.

It is a sin to make the Bible and God boring (neither are, so it takes human effort to do so).

• shamus100
    shamus100

I hated them too, Lilly.

We always went out for lunch - those awful lunches at the convention... uuughhh!!! I'm sorry, not gonna happen... ;) I also used to duck out for a coffee. Bad me, bad me! :D

They were very stressful, nauseating, and the final prayer on Sunday, dear GOD! "Jehovah, bless the toilet paper that wiped our bums "... ;D

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Anony Mous - I sent you a PM....but haven't heard back. Just checking in....

• Intel
    Intel

godrulz: At least I appreciate your continuous efforts! Thanks a lot. I think you can help me to accept Jesus, because I constantly feel like the good man in this illustration:

Jesus helping me

Jesus Saves

Only Christ can be powerful

I think we - as ex-JW should seriously think about these fine examples!

• godrulz
    godrulz

The software at work is blocking your links as malacious content. I see you are mature. Can I follow you as a guru?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

godrulz, you said earlier something along the lines of "when you are in love, that's all you want to talk about." Jesus called me. He told me that you both need to see other people. He said you are too much of a clinger and he needs his own space.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Jesus I know, love, serve adores His Bride, the Church. He goes after the one sheep and leaves the 99. His love is lavish, personal, attentive, as if we are the only person on the planet (he would have died for one let alone billions). I also have a wife, kids, friends, co-workers. He is a jealous God in relation to false gods, but not in relation to legit relationships that He encourages. This is why cultic disfellowshipping/shunning is so destructive and evil.

Mrfreeze, thx for your concern. When Karl Barth, theologian, was asked what the most profound truth he learned was, he quoted the child's Sunday School song: Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

You are searching for love. You are searching for Jesus. Would you like to give your life to Him? He is God, not Michael, BTW.

• designs
    designs

Witnesses see people like godrulz and decide to stay Witnesses.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit