This convention blows

by Anony Mous 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Shouldn't you be doing your Homework right about now, you challenged Witnesses to know their History yet you failed the simplest test or ran away actually.

Isn't there a word for that........

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Godrulz, I am new to this board. It was recommended as a place to get support for exJWs. I have read all of your posts and I must ask, just what is your purpose? Are you here to support or recruit? Are you here to comfort or pontificate? I fully believe we all have the right to express what we believe, that is why we left the WTS. But I have to tell you, if this board functioned like Facebook, your posts would have been hidden by now. You are not comforting or supportive at all.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Godrulz I wish you stop hijacking people's threads with your rantings about the Myth you you think is real.

Come to Satan, worship him, he loves you, he really does!!

• godrulz
    godrulz

There is room for support of ex-JWs by ex-JWs, doctrinal discussions about religion/Bible for those who are interested, learning non-JW perspective, challenging thinking, etc. The gospel is the power of God and is vital when eternal destinies are at stake. Leaving WT for nothing leaves one in the same boat. Coming to the risen Christ gives abundant and eternal life. For those who throw the baby out with the bathwater (reject God and the cult) and just want moral support for leaving the cult, I trust they will find much love and support here. If that is all one wants, I can give that. For those who know there is spiritual truth out there, then pursuing this from all angles is also vital. For those who have not examined the history and beliefs of WT in light of facts and Scripture, then I may be of some help.

I am learning much about WT history, designs. I am getting a forest overview, but am not writing a doctoral thesis on the subject. I want to be informed to encourage thinking and perspective, not be a world renowned expert on something that is relatively moot/academic (in light of the doctrinal/biblical issues). If you want me to go and find the pages in Penton's book and write you a term paper, I could do so, but I have limited time, energy, expertise. I am not demanding that you master Pentecostal history, beliefs, and practices, yet you can make some true comments/observations about it. The point is that I should not know so much more about all things WT than those who have been in it for decades and trusting their lives to it. I can look at sources of truth that they are not allowed to. I can point them to these things if they want to know it. I can open the door of doubt by mentioning their founders marriage and alcohol problems. I can expose shoddy WT scholarship to show the human vs divine issues. You cannot do the same with my faith because it is based on Scripture, not one man, not a modern group with no roots in church history. I am a Christian, not a cultist. JWs and Mormons are in the same boat, but Baptists and Pentecostals are not (though we do have issues of historical formation of relevance, but ultimately inconsequential in light of our common faith in Christ/Christianity not built on one man or a modern new religion).

I don't demand that you know everything about all topics or research my pet peeves. If I want to skip your posts or respond selectively, that is my business and you have the same freedom. You are just trying to be petty and making things personal instead of contributing to the conversation.

• designs
    designs

'I'm here to convert you to my Cult' ... godrulz

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It was not a fickle, capricious judgment without repeated offers of mercy and grace

LOL, tell that to the Cannanites. I'm pretty sure most didn't know what hit them.

It will be clear when you stand before Him that His ways were right, good, true, no other way. The issue will be His perfection/holiness/love contrasted with your sin/rebellion/selfishness/foolishness. The OT will not be an excuse to get you off the hook

OH BOY, I bet that made you feel good. It's a great feeling to believe you're right. LOL My don't you carry a powerful message. OOOOO you are so brave to anonymously annouce to your computer screen that everyone that doesn't think you're a f*cking genius is going to hell. We Are Not Worthy to be blessed by such holiness. Maybe you should go to the EX-PENTECOSTAL SITE where people are suffering PHOBIAS, HALLUCINATIONS, PANIC ATTACKS, CLINICAL DEPRESSION, AND DISSOLUTION when they woke up from your goofy haze.

NC

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am here to call men to Christ because this is what He did and expects His disciples to do. If all the world is against Him and me, then I am against the world (shades of Athanasius and Luther). For those who do not want God, religion, I will be happy to rejoice with them about their new freedom from WT as well as support them on a human level to normalize their lives, with or without Christ. I have the word 'eternity' tattooed on my forearm (and Alpha/Omega symbol with Revelation 1:17-18). Most here don't care whether they or others are in rebellion to God or not. There are many here to just encourage people in sin or rightfully support them in transition. Surely there is room for one Jesus freak like me who can also chat about the weather or mundane topics. Not all my posts are about Jesus. I also show interest in Russell's death notification, the type of music in KH, etc. We should value diversity, but apparently WT think is uniformity that still grips some of you. If you talk about football on this forum, I will be interested. If you want to play chess on a site, I would welcome this. If you look at all my posts on all the topics, you will not be able to say that I have nothing relevant to contribute or that I am just trying to convert people to my church (never done that).

Your beef is with the conviction of the Spirit and need for Christ, not me (like evolutionists, you want to get rid of Christian witness and God because you don't want to be wrong or have to change your life/comfort zone). The solution is to read me and pick some meat and throw out the bones or just plain ignore me. Muzzling me or slandering me wrongfully is WT tactics that I do not submit to.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Godrulz...you may not be aware of this so I will give you my observation of your comments. You seem to have the same air of superiority and arrogance as the WTS. You appear to resort to labeling those who believe other than you do and promoting your belief system. Like the WTS you become very defensive when your views are challenged and instead of answering questions, you bomb us with a dissertation of what your capablilities are, how much you know, how closely your beliefs are to the Scriptures and how wrong we were to have been a part of the WTS.

Of course this is America and we are all free to believe and say what we want as long as it does not injure others or threaten national security. And you can post whatever you want on this board. But I must tell you that your method of communication is very similar to what we all left behind and I am not motivated to read your posts or give them serious consideration because they bring back bad memories. And I gave up debating when I stopped going from door to door. It is a pointless exercise that demeams my neighbor's right to his opinions.

Your assertion that leaving WT for nothing is an opinion that you are entitled to. I personally do not agree. Some have good reasons for choosing to be atheists, others for changing religions. Personally I am not inclined to join another group or to become an atheist.

I am taking this opportunity to start from the beginning and enjoy the journey of spirituality. The destination will manifest itself in due time.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I commend your faith journey and will support it if possible. I cannot condone those who leave WT for another false religion or atheism. I defend their right to do this, but also my right to point to Jesus. The cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but the power of God for us who are believing (Rom. 1:16; I Cor. 1:18). It seems like people want me to be humble by not mentioning Jesus or something. I cannot preach a bloodless or Christless religion because that would be a lie and wrong. I have a mandate to defend and proclaim truth. This does not make me infallible or right about everything, not does it make me wrong about everything. If I know 2+2=4, not 5, does that make me arrogant and superior for stating it over and over while dissing those who insist it is 5?

All the info in the world does not remove the need to make a decision at some point. Some are ready, some are not, some will never be ready. A non-decision is a decision. The only two type of people in the world in relation to eternal issues are believers and unbelievers. If one is not ready to make an informed decision, they should not do so. I can pat people on the head forever, but this is neither loving nor wise (know this as a parent). Most would rather be popular than please God and do what is right toward Him and our fellow man. If I was about to die from drinking poison, I would curse those who stood around and said/did nothing. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

throw the baby out with the bathwater

Are you aware that you have used this metaphor at least 20 times? Like your god, even your metaphors express violence against babies.

OH YOUR GOD, would you please come up with something new? Here let me help you:

Don't flush the turd with the toilet water.

Don't throw away the botulism with the food.

Don't cast the incest, rape, murder, racism, homophobia, stonings and hellfire away with the bible.

Can I get some help here? This is a creative bunch. Godroozadoo needs some new metaphors

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit