This convention blows

by Anony Mous 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Seriously, half day in (already had an argument with the wife this morning about individuality in the organization in which she conceded that a lot of it is based on looks) and this is already getting on my nerves.

I'll post a rebuttal based on my annotations later in the week but one thing I got to get off my mind: saying the feminist movement (women going to work instead of staying home) and the diversity laws (allowing for homosexuality - but also religious freedom, racial discrimination etc.) caused a lot of the problems in our world RIGHT FROM THE STAGE.

There are less people here than last year - about 500 less.

• sir82
    sir82

My favorite part on Friday morning was when the convention coordinator was talking about how "Satan is such a terrible murderer".

"Yes, he'll kill millions of people, just trying to get to a handful of Jehavah's worshippers".

I think he was alluding to the holocaust, as in, the whole entire purpose of the holocaust was a Satanic plot to kill off Jehovah's Witnesses, and the 6 million Jews and millions of other victims were mere "collateral damage".

If I had rolled my eyes any harder I'd have needed surgery.

• nugget
    nugget

Sorry you had to go I used to hate the fact that we got up early and dressed up so we could drive to a football stadium and have a row.

Now we stay here an row at home.

• unshackled
    unshackled

"Satan is such a terrible murderer".

Such BS. Not compared to the murders Jehovah has already committed in the bible. Let alone the billions he's gonna kill at Armageddon for bird food.

Thanks for the post Anony Mous, I'm at work but I'd choose that over sitting at a convention anyday. Hang in there.

• sir82
    sir82
    saying the feminist movement (women going to work instead of staying home)...caused a lot of the problems in our world

We had a CO who used to say that every friggin' time he visited. It was all a Satanic plot! JWs were starting lots of studies with wimmun, so Satan cooked up a plot to get them out of the house when JWs would call.

In fact, he said pretty much the exact same thing every time he visited - same tired "jokes", same meetings for service, same talks, everything.

Was the name of the speaker who made those comments "Burdine"? 80+ years old, fake folksy?

• sinis
    sinis

Hahahahaha, I remember telling my spouse - how many people did Satan kill in the Bible? Hmmm, can't seem to find any reference to that... Ok, so how many did YHWH kill? MILLIONS... yea, now WHO really is "Satan"?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    My favorite part on Friday morning was when the convention coordinator was talking about how "Satan is such a terrible murderer". "Yes, he'll kill millions of people, just trying to get to a handful of Jehavah's worshippers". I think he was alluding to the holocaust, as in, the whole entire purpose of the holocaust was a Satanic plot to kill off Jehovah's Witnesses, and the 6 million Jews and millions of other victims were mere "collateral damage".

Well, the Society did previously publish that the Civil War was Satan's plot to destroy the Union which God intended to be his workshop for Millennial blessings.

• Honesty
    Honesty

sir82 said:

My favorite part on Friday morning was when the convention coordinator was talking about how "Satan is such a terrible murderer".

"Yes, he'll kill millions of people, just trying to get to a handful of Jehavah's worshippers".

The speaker didn't stop to think that his god is going to annihilate 99.9% of the earth's population and could have saved himself from annihilating BILLIONS of non-JW if he had done it a hundred years ago.

Dumbasses.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Back. I went out for a few hours in the afternoon so I missed a large part of it. Still, the "God will replace <blah> with his Kingdom" and then a misspeak "God will replace all religious organizations I mean all organizations, all corrupt businesses, all governments, all religious organizations that mislead people" and replace it with wait for it... God's Organization. Wait? What happened to his Kingdom that would replace the rest of the world? I'll have more after the weekend after I go over the notes.

Apparently the EHCR went in favor of Armenian witnesses in a case of military service so that was a special letter. Yay, 2 new rags. Simplest brochure ever and simpleleler brochure. All good and well except for the last page. Jesus gave his life for us. Ask JW's to understand the Bible correctly.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I was supposed to be there today, but this is the first DC I've ever missed. Sorry you have to be there. I used to look forward to getting ice cream at lunch until they demonized doing that a few years ago.

The point about women working instead of staying home explains a recent comment my inlaw made about her feeling bad about working so much and trying to "trust in Jehovah" so she can stay home.

They are sounding really crazy off the platform!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit