This convention blows

by Anony Mous 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

I love my wife.... She IS IN..... we went to the convention together and she even recognized the c\razy stuff they say... It is hard foir me to argue with her because she thinks moral accountability of JWs is a good thing, tho she is not on board with the FDS.....

For years I have heard that "depressed"ones don't have God's spirit..... "Joy" is a fruitage. It is ridiculous logic that makes all JWs feel horible if they complain.

• godrulz
    godrulz

congrats on your freedom, free...

• Muhammad Ibn Yusuf
    Muhammad Ibn Yusuf

A BORING CONVENTION? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Anony Mous - Out of curiosity.....which DC were you at? I wonder if I was suffering through with you

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Hi outsmart, send me a PM with your location.

• Walk On
    Walk On

A relative came home from the convention and immediately posted on Facebook: "Wow, what a weekend! Advertise, advertise, advertise!! The Kingdom of God!"

I had a pretty good lol... he definitely got the point of the convention, ahahaha!! Even though he isn't aware.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Proclaim the risen Christ, the King of the kingdom. The gospel is the person and work of Christ. The kingdom message was postponed when they killed the King. It will be resumed during the future 7 year Tribulation relating to Israel before the Second Coming and the millennial reign of Christ on earth. He is King of kings and Lord of lords (same title applied only to Jehovah- Jesus is YHWH!). There is only one superlative.

The kingdom is the rule of God. It is now in our hearts and not yet (there is a future, literal eschatological component).

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@godrulz - WTH? Why do you keep doing the troll stuff...

• godrulz
    godrulz

This is a relevant comment. Millions of people heard about the coming of the Kingdom at Convention. It is fair to point out to those who went or heard people parroting kingdom stuff that the King is more important than the Kingdom. Look at all the other posts on any given thread. Mine is no more out of line than any other post that is not directly tied into the topic (but mine was a relevant comment). I am not a baby and let people say what they want, even dumb things or personal attacks against me and others. Should we all just blindly agree with falsehood? Is a forum a place to have cultic uniformity or can we share contrary ideas/experiences that are not being refuted, just mocked?

Why is making a positive statement in line with the Bible trolling? If a JW or ex-JW does it, it is fine. If a non-JW does it, it is trolling? If anyone else said the same thing, you would probably let it slide. Quit making it personal and support freedom of speech, including ignoring those that bug you (as do I).

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

You love to comment on things you have no actual knowledge of and I suppose that's what bugs some of us on here.

Example: You post on a thread directed to JW elders, saying "I am an Elder in a Christian church..." and then go on to talk off topic about something you have no knowledge or experience of.

Example: Scooterspank said this on yet ANOTHER thread you derailed: "I see a lot of threads that start out as someone seeking help/people offering help/people seeking information but get totally thrown off subject by godrulz." ...Is he wrong? Are all of us wrong and YOU are the only sane one? Or could it be that we have a point?

Example: This thread we are on right now is WAS about the District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. And how it blows... And then you post "Proclaim the risen Christ, the King of the kingdom...Hall-ay-loo-yah blah blah blah blah."

It doesn't make sense. You aren't even a JW or exJW- which is of course OK, you have a right to speak. But it's like me posting on a thread of a forum for retired veterinarians about how to treat a dog's rabies...why would they care what I thought on that topic? Because I read a book about it or was an amateur doggie doctor? Would they then put credence in my words and value my post? NOPE. What if I mentioned that my dog had worms on the thread about rabies but used big words like "eschatological component"? Would they appreciate my observation then? NOPE again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit