Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

According to INSIGHT ON THE SCRIPTURES (published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society New York, Inc)

"Hate may also signify a strong dislike but without any intent to bring harm to the object, seeking instead to avoid it because of a feeling of loathing toward it. The Bible also employs the word "hate" to mean loving to a lesser degree. "

So yes, I hate the Jehovah's Witness Religion.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hate is such a powerful word but yes I truly hate the religion and the the organisation that is the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I hate what it did to my family, especially my eldest daughter. She went through something that she would not have had to endure if she had not been part of that vile Org. None of it was her fault and thankfully she is now well on the way to recovery, if not recovered. She is a truly beautiful person and didn't deserve the sufferings she had to endure, (things I only very recently found out about).

There is so much to hate about this religion and I hope I see it crumble in my lifetime.

As for the people....well lets just say they can't help it can they. Mind control does horrible things to a persons brain and I'm in no postition to judge anyone.

I've had to leave people behind that I will always love, but I hope they also wake up one day.

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

For the most part, I do not hate them. Only at times, like when I see my little niece and she doesn't really know who I am because her jw parents keep us separated....that's when I hate the RELIGION. For the most part, I think they are just followers who don't really understand all the corruption at the headquarters. Instead of hate, it just breaks my heart

• undercover
    undercover

Interesting comments...

I think the definition of "hate" may be kinda like the definition of "forgiveness"...it means different things to different people.

Reading some of the explanations/definitions of "hate" as expressed by some, then I could say that I agree with their sentiments...yet at the same time, my interpretation of hate is more of an all consuming bitterness that involves holding grudges and not being able to let it go and move on.

The more I think about it, the more I see a connection between the "hate" and the "forgiveness"...which creates a paradox for me personally as I can not forgive the religion or it's leadership, yet I do not hate them. I try to live in the moment and not the past, so I let the hate go. Yet, I know that they continue to spread their lies and BS so I can't forgive them for their deeds and misdeeds.

I know that some would say that to lose the hate you have to forgive...and that's a point to consider. If I can't forgive the religion, then maybe on some level I still do "hate" it...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Enough to destory every wt mag I come across.

• Gregor
    Gregor

It seems the dictionary definition of "hate" that I posted above needs to be fleshed out.

Apparently, many posters have a mental concept of hate as a corrosive acid flowing through the 'hater's" system, eating them up with negative energy and making them bitter. This is not the way I see the appropriate function of the "hate" emotion in a mature, rational person. Without developing a clear and balanced set of values, both 'hate' and 'love' become meaningless buzz words in the lexicon we use to express ourselves.

JeffT - I read all your posts with my full attention and I find them always thoughtful and worthwhile. But for the life of me I cannot agree with (or even grasp) your quote below.

In order to hate some one or something you have to elevate them to your own social status (I can't remember who said that, I think it was Robert A. Heinlein). The R&F are deluded sheep. Everyone above that in the organization is either stupid or lying. Neither group qualifies as my equal.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Gregor: why hate something you are superior to? Pity or contempt, maybe, but they aren't worthy of hate (at least not in my book).

If anybody connected with the WTBS had the decency, intelligence and common sense of the people on this board, they wouldn't be JW's anymore.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I hate the Borg for destroying many families. Most of the people that I have met have been pleasant. You do get those ones who live and breathe for the Borg and that is very unfortunate.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

I now like the Deist view of God, it makes much more sense to me, as in Okams razor states the most plausible answer is probably the right one, all this talk of intricate Biblical plans of if this happens then this will occur, it seems to me that God made things fantastic to us for our benefit, but allowed us to use our reason to sort out the main things in our lives, I think it was one or the founding fathers or Thomas Paine that said if there was anything else after life then God's grace would sort it out for us!

• villabolo
    villabolo

dgp: "Villabolo, maybe I wasn't too careful when reading your post. Sorry."

That's OK.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit