Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I periodically attend their meetings. The forum's invention:

For somebody that just "periodically" attends, you sure do know quite a bit about Jehovah's Witnesses, and if I didn't know any better........I'd say you have a lot at stake with this religion too. Me thinks doth protest too much you're bull shitting.

The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!"

If a dedicated Witness came here they would just have people tell them to f—k off.

Being that I don't believe you're that naive, I'm going to share something from the Kingdom Ministry with you. Then maybe I'll tell you to f-k off.

*** km9/02p.8pars.5-7AvoidthePursuitof"ValuelessThings"***

5 God'sAppointedChannel: Bear in mind that our heavenly Father has an appointed channel of communication, "the faithful and discreet slave." That "slave" has the responsibility to determine what information is made available to the household of faith, as well as "the proper time" for it to be dispensed. This spiritual food is available only through the theocratic organization. We should always look to God's appointed channel for reliable information, not to a network of Internet users.-Matt. 24:45.

6 InternetWebSites: We have an official Internet Web site: www.watchtower.org. This site is adequate to make information available to the public. There is no need for any individual, committee, or congregation to prepare a Web page about Jehovah's Witnesses. Some have posted the contents of our publications with all scriptures and references given in full and have even offered copies of convention material on a donation basis. Whether profit is involved or not, the practice of reproducing and distributing publications of Jehovah's Witnesses in an electronic document is a violation of copyright laws. While some may view this as a service to the brothers, it is not approved and should be discontinued.

7 Exercising good judgment and soundness of mind when using electronic communication will ensure that our minds are filled with "precious and pleasant things of value."-Prov. 24:4.

• Spade
    Spade

"Has it been established whether or not Spade is Alice?

Spade, do you embrace all of the teachings as they are presented and believe the folks in Brooklyn are steering the masses correctly?"

I simply have an open mind towards Jehovah's Witnesses and take the defense as most people here take the offense. In today’s world I could hardly characterize them as a criminal organization. There may be a rigorous deconversion process for those that leave, but change, a reverse from whole souled devotion to any cause is never easy.

• villabolo
    villabolo

It's a mixed bag, minimus, with an emphasis on pure unadulterated hatred and despisal as well.

I believe it is simplistic to make an artificial dichotomy between the "leadership" (Governing Body); the rest of the hierarchy, in particular elders and COs; and many of the general Witnesses whether or not they're seen as individuals or not.

Scum rises to the top in every hierarchy Governmental, Economic or Religious. So much for my opinion on the leadership.

But there is also a selective process that works to retain those whose psyche is open to being twisted into evil. A truly good person in the JWs is one who can't stand the religion and eventually gets kicked out on a matter of conscience. The rest are merely "Eichmanns"; your run of the mill mediocre Nazi who doesn't compare in malevolence to the Goebbels but who are, nonetheless, morally torpid. It is the Eichmanns of the world, and the Witnesses of course, that are the main body of tyrannical society.

Therefore, to me, making a distinction between the psychopathic leadership/eldership and the rest of the Witnesses is as meaningless and abstract as making a distinction between the teeth, the brains and the body of an attacking pit bulldog. You don't blame the teeth and take pity for the body.

Villabolo

• Gregor
    Gregor

You're goddam right I hate the religion. Too much up close and personal experiences not to. I also hate some of the Watchtower nazis who thrive on the cult power trip. I don't hate the majority of the rank and file people caught up in it, in fact, I feel compassion for them.

It may feel very wise and cool to say you don't "hate". That is namby-pamby bullshit. "But because you are neither hot nor cold...etc"

hate (ht)

v.hat·ed, hat·ing, hates v.tr. 1. a. To feel hostility or animosity toward. b. To detest.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

don't hate the witnesses themselves but i do hate the bogus religion

• mamalove
    mamalove

Spade, are you Alice?

So if you have an open mind, do you have an open mind towards other religions too? Just curious.

Do you hate any religion in particular or dislike it intensely?

I realize there is freedom of religion, but do you think it is moral to condone death for no blood? Or is that one of the JW teachings you are no open minded about? Thanks for answering these questions!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

AliceRachel!!!!

Many of the people that I know in the WT I have good feelings, even deep abiding love, for.

A few of the people are trash.

The religion as an entity: I hate passionately.

The GB: this about sums it up.

• dgp
    dgp

Villabolo, I beg to differ with you in just one simple respect.

I was re-reading my copy of Crisis of Conscience the other day. In one of the chapters about the governing body, you can read all the nonsense Governing Body members discussed in order to stretch the duration of the "generation" that wouldn't pass away. One gets the strong impression that it was all a matter of how to embellish the tale so the rank and file witnesses would swallow that pill.

In that chapter, Ray Franz tells how 1914 is crucially important for the Watchtower. Without it, everything crumbles down. Well. First, the witnesses were expecting 1914 as the END of times, the moment Jesus would come. Well, he didn't, so they said Jesus had come invisibly. And then 1914 became the BEGINNING of the end. These men knew very well what they had said, and what they were saying now.

First, a generation was understood to be something like thirty years. Then it changed to mean a lifetime, but not the average lifetime; the longest lifetime they could find. One of the members of the GB said that some people in Russia got to be 130 years old. So, that would be the meaning of the "generation". And then, someone suggested that the date of Christ's "invisible" return be changed to 1957, the year of the Sputnik, only to buy more time. But that idea didn't stick and they retained 1914. Someone even suggested changing the date of the fall of Jerusalem to 587 B.C. That was rejected as well.

All these were simply their discussions to come up with a credible solution, one that wouldn't accept the evidence they had before their eyes that 1914 didn't have the meaning it had. Christ didn't come in that year. Sorry, but I don't think that the kind of men who know that what they are telling is a lie, but keep it regardless of how many lives are affected are good people.

I wouldn't be so afraid of the Eichmanns. It is the Goebbels I would watch out for. The ones who's actually not feel bad about saying something like "A lie repeated a thousand times becomes the truth".

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The teachings and practices that some find controversial come directly from the Bible;

Ummmmmm... that's not entirely accurate, dear Alice (I mean, since you directly responded to the [unfortunately derogatory] address TO "Alice"... I am assuming you are indeed Alice. Oh, and peace to you, of course!). They base a LOT of their teachings on those attributed to Paul; however, most of Paul's teachings that they follow he (Paul) subsequently changed/revoked. The [mis]order of the modern Bible canon kind of obscures that, though.

Also, while there are one or two "truths" taught by them, they are pretty insignificant (although their teaching that God/Christ are not part of a Trinity is accurate... and significant). But,then, ALL religions have some "truth." They have to. Elsewise, no one would follow any of them.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Galileo
    Galileo

Yes. I hate it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit