Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Spade
    Spade

There's no reason to hate Jehovah's Witnesses. I've found them as individuals to be delightful and pleasant to get to know. This opinion is not just taken at face value. The teachings and practices that some find controversial come directly from the Bible; the same book that's supposed to be the foundation of Christianity. From a secular position, they're simply more orthodox to the Bible's regiment than other Christian denominations, which is something you can hardly blame them for.

Religion has been rejected by many people for its resistance to scientific progress, its dismal record, and its hypocrisy and cruelty. Some may try and associate JWs with this track record but they really don't collectively fit into this paradigm.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Shelby, I can't improve on what you said!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

There's no reason to hate Jehovah's Witnesses. I've found them as individuals to be delightful and pleasant to get to know. This opinion is not just taken at face value. The teachings and practices that some find controversial come directly from the Bible; the same book that's supposed to be the foundation of Christianity. From a secular position, they're simply more orthodox to the Bible's regiment than other Christian denominations, which is something you can hardly blame them for.

Religion has been rejected by many people for its resistance to scientific progress, its dismal record, and its hypocrisy and cruelty. Some may try and associate JWs with this track record but they really don't collectively fit into this paradigm.

Fair enough, but let me ask you.........you communicating and associating with a board full of apostates doesn't quite fit in with the paradigm of genuine believing Jehovah's Witness either, so how do you justify that?

• moshe
    moshe

I do, when I read about another JW child that has died from the WT no-blood dogma.

• mamalove
    mamalove

My wounds are still fresh. Yay, I hate so many parts of it. There are generic good parts they teach, so I will give it that much.

• jay88
    jay88

I hate to sound like a Jesus nut, but for what reason was he turning over the tables in the temple? and what state to you think he was in?

• Spade
    Spade

"Fair enough, but let me ask you.........you communicating and associating with a board full of apostates doesn't quite fit in with the paradigm of genuine believing Jehovah's Witness either, so how do you justify that?"

I periodically attend their meetings. The forum's invention:

"Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum for Jehovahs Witnesses

The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!"

If a dedicated Witness came here they would just have people tell them to f—k off.

• dgp
    dgp

Quoting Brotherdan:

I hate what this religion does to people. I hate the effects that it has. Yes, I hate the religion. But I don't necessarily hate the people in it. There are some genuinely good people in it. There are some very loving and kind people that are captives of the concept.
    Good question, minimus.

I have no personal wounds left. I may say, however, that I do believe that there are some guys in the organization who know very well what they are doing, and have known for long. Maybe they don't deserve hate, but they have more than earned some despising.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Has it been established whether or not Spade is Alice?

Spade, do you embrace all of the teachings as they are presented and believe the folks in Brooklyn are steering the masses correctly?

• designs
    designs

If you wonder where and why the Christian Denominations are the way they are look at the Founders. When you lay a foundation of lies and misrepresentations expect the followers to pretty much walk like a duck as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit