Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I see some here who seem to despise the religion. Others seem to feel that Witnesses are wacky but they don't hate them.

Do you HATE this religion?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I hate what this religion does to people. I hate the effects that it has. Yes, I hate the religion. But I don't necessarily hate the people in it. There are some genuinely good people in it. There are some very loving and kind people that are captives of the concept.

Good question, minimus.

• undercover
    undercover

There was a time I would have given you an emphatic "YES!". Now, not so much. Any "hatred" is saved for the leadership...and even that is too strong of a word.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the religion still, but I don't go to the point of hating it and remaining bitter about it.

I try hard to lump all religions into the same "waste of time" bucket. Some are more dangerous/cultish than others but they're all pointless and I have no use for any of them. But because I grew up a JW, experienced living in the cult firsthand, and I know more about them than any other religion, I do get frustrated over certain doctrines or changes in doctrines quicker than I would some other religion's wacky shit.

As long as I have JW family in this religion, it will affect me to some degree but I've learned to let the emotions go and to focus on remaining one step ahead. If I show irrational emotion it only re-emphasizes their resolve to stay close to the bOrg. If I remain calm but informed and clear in my thinking and presentation of facts, I hope to slowly show them the advantages of removing yourself from the topic emotionally and stick to facts and evidence. It has helped over time. But, I do slip from time to time and get worked up over something and the hate kind of reappears for a while.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was going to say NO - NOT REALLY, AT LEAST NOT ANYMORE.

But then I remembered the blood doctrine - and the secrecy policy on child molesters.

• minimus
    minimus

I relate to Undercover.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I relate to Undercover.

Yes, it would be a more comfortable place to be. But - then I remember the blood doctrine - and the secrecy policy on child molesters.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hate isn't something I naturally carry with me. It just saps all your energy and it is for nothing. I was 11 when I figured that out.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't like hating either. It's sometimes necessary, though.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

I have no hatred toward its adherents. I feel a deep abiding love toward a couple of them, in fact. On rare occasions I have encountered Witnesses I truly disliked, but I think the feeling might have been mutual. The Watchtower itself, by that I mean the Society and its doctrines, I loathe. How can one feel otherwise toward something that has taken the lives of innocents and diminished the lives of so many people over the past 150 years or so?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I don't hate the people enslaved to it, but I hate what it does to people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit