Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Is there a double standard?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Is there a double standard?

Explain?

• sd-7
    sd-7

No, I don't hate the religion. I hate its methods and underlying problems. Fact is, them and I, we'd be on the same side if only they'd surrender. We once shared the same battles. I never wanted to hate the religion. I only wanted to hate evil. There is, in truth, a difference between evil itself and people who unknowingly use evil methods as a means to an end. Once you separate out the evil things about the religion, you have some pretty good people there.

It would be wrong to hate Jehovah's Witnesses, because they in general are not directly responsible for what many here now know. I certainly think they're misled and have a lot of anger regarding their attitude of self-righteousness, but in the end, what good will hating them do? If I hate them as a whole, then I've become them. It's my job now NOT to be like them, to forgive, to accept that I might be wrong and that everyone else has the right to believe what they want whether I agree with it or not.

It's hard to say no to that question. But saying no is the only chance of redemption there'll be for me. Because if I really did hate them, truly fed on that hatred that lurks under the surface and in every corner of my mind...I would start thinking of doing something terrible. And that's not too healthy. Better to accept that there's only so much I can do and that it's wiser to learn to forgive them.

--sd-7

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    Explain?

posting guidelines?

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

minimus

You've had quite a lot of intersting replies to your thread, so far.

As a third generation born-in, DAd example, I'd just like to say that I don't hate anyone. Most currently active JWs (in my opinion) are just brainwashed cult members - for them, I feel nothing but sorrow. It is not their fault. After all, I was one of them until 2003.

However, I genuinely despise the WT 'top-guys' who know how exactly how they 'operate' to dupe their followers in this religious cult. They are the ones responsible for the current 'teachings' and level of 'spin' to (try) to retain their followers.

They deserve to be humiliated and brought down. An apology would be nice, but I don't expect one any time soon. In fact, I know that one will never be forthcoming.

lifelong humanist

• bohm
    bohm

no.

Thumbs up to farkel for saying it like it is:

"OBVES,

You are a fucking moron. You can't even stay on topic you blithering idiot.

Farkel"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I have to admit I do hate the religion, but I don't hate the people in it. Not even the GB. Hate is something that is not healthy for you! I'm working on tempering my hatred of it down to just feeling compassion for its victims.....

That doesn't mean we shouldn't expose them though.....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

posting guidelines?

What about them?

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    What about them?

Read all the posts on page 5 then read the posting guidelines below.

This is my last post on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit