Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Of course my mom has two wordly daughters...........bad associations spoil useful habits!

• jay88
    jay88

Even the worldly people think she's great. -----Worldly people getting those baked goods!!!!--

• AGuest
    AGuest

Emphatically... yes, dear Minimus (peace to you!). There are some "things" that it is right and GOOD to hate... and the JW religion... it's "golden calf", the WTBS, its false priesthood of the GB, and its Pharisaical establishment of the Branch/DO/CO/Elder "arrangement"... are three of those things. Because due to these, even some of the chosen ones have been misled. Worse, some had the kingdom shut up before them. Even worse, some have been killed... or killed themselves. It is an institution lead by thieves and plunderers, extortioners, idolaters, adulterers, false prophets, and false christs. It is an undeniably unclean thing, a daughter of the Harlot... and the dwelling place of demons and every hated flying thing. So, yes, I hate it.

Do I hate Jehovah's Witnesses? Absolutely not. I feel sorrow and pity for them, mainly because I know how it feels when the initial "lights" come on about the entire thing. Embarassing... even shameful, to say the least. A feeling I wouldn't wish on [most of] them; however, I don't know if I can say that for all of them: some may need ti experience that shame just in order to learn a little humility (if that will do it; sometimes not).

Am I mad at/angry with [some of] them? I would be lying if I said no. Some have been the direct influence on the breakup of families/marriages. Some have sat in hypocritical judgment of others (and I don't mean those who have done so ignorantly, but those who did while they themselves - or someone they were covering for - were guilty of the exact same "transgression"... or worse). Some have been the cause of the loss of the fleshly life of some of God's sheep, literally, through things like false teachings on vaccinations and blood, etc., and as a result of suicide.

I am mad... angry... yes. But I do not judge them. Rather, I have learned to do what my Lord did and that is ask, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." This could be true or false, but it is not up to ME to decide/judge that.

As to the "religion" that is responsible for these things, though... yes... I absolutely DO hate her... and will be glad and REJOICE when she comes to her end. And she will come to her end, praise JAH!

My love is not unconditional. It hates that which is DESERVING of hate. My love... for those and that which I SHOULD and DO love, however... will never fail, through Christ.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• minimus
    minimus

Shelby, I understand your post.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The people-no; the leadership-hell yes. I think it's okay, even healthy, to hate a group of people whose words and actions have had such a negative impact on the lives of so many people.

• minimus
    minimus

I might HATE the religion too if I were treated like feces.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Minimus makes a good point. I for my part have not been burned by people in the organization. But there are MANY here that have had HORRIBLE experiences with them. For them it would be easy to "hate" the actual people in the religion because of what happened to them.

But Shelby makes a fantastic point. The religion itself is so bad that it is entirely appropriate and good to hate what it does to people. There are some things that are not wrong to hate. It can keep you on your guard. But we shouldn't direct that "hate" to any person. Most of us here were victims of this organization, and the ones still inside are sad victims too. Most of them just don't know it.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yep...

• bigmac
    bigmac

my daughter shunned me in 1983--ive spoken to her once since, she has 4 little girls--ive never met them. they live 8 miles away.

do i hate this religion?---------so much so i can taste it,

try it sometime.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ask any JW and he or she will tell you: It's a wonderful religion, a Spiritual Paradise. Within, one can find true friends. Jesus said that his yoke is easy, and once you're baptized you too can experience this refreshment for your soul.

What's not to like?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit