Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

lion cask: In my experience the posting guidelines is elastic based on on how you bend them. like i have never seen anyone gotten into trouble by solely by swearing, there has to be some compounding factor.

• minimus
    minimus

If you said , "I'd like to kill so-and-so", I think they would be a problem.

• The Finger
  • Violia
    Violia

Lion

I could be wrong on this, but I believe the feeling on swearing is if it fits the situation, it has been allowed. I recall Simon discussing the swear word policy ( years ago)and he more or less said we were adults and we should be able to figure out when a swear word is appropriate or not. In other words, swearing just for the sake of being naughty is not ok, but if used in a well constructed sentence, could be ok.

Sometimes a swear word is the only word that truly says what you mean, used in a properly constructed sentence.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Enough with the handslapping, most of us here are adults and sometimes a choice swear word pops up. I don't have a problem with that if the word is being used in context. There are a couple of words that are frowned on here (that I don't make a habit of using), I won't name them but I'm sure everyone knows what they are.

• undercover
    undercover

Personally, I don't see how anyone who even bothers to respond to any of OBVES posts can do so without swearing, cursing and calling him a moron...

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Also, AGuest, since Christ is God...I can appropriatly say that Christ is the householder.

Unfortunately, that debate might take us some time (although it shouldn't), dear BroDan (again, peace to you!), and so is probably better done in another thread. In case you don't really want to "go there", however (and I totally understand if you don't - it can be a tedious discussion), I will leave you with the following:

"There was a man, a householder, who planted a vineyard (John 15:1; Gen. 2:8) and put a fence around it (Job 1:10) and dug a winepress in it and erected a tower, and let it out to cultivators, and traveled abroad. When the season of the fruits came around, he dispatched his slaves to the cultivators to get his fruits. However, the cultivators took his slaves, and one they beat up, another they killed, another they stoned. Again he dispatched other slaves, more than the first, but they did the same to these. Lastly he dispatched his son to them (John 3:16), saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ On seeing the son the cultivators said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and get his inheritance!’So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. (Matthew 27:50) Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes (Daniel 7:9; Rev. 20:11), what will he do to those cultivators?” They said to him: “Because they are evil, he will bring an evil destruction upon them (Rev. 20:10) and will let out the vineyard to other cultivators, who will render him the fruits when they become due.” Matthew 21:33-41

I submit to you that, contrary to the teaching of many,the culmination of this parable and fulfillment of the one concerning the "faithful and wise" slave does NOT occur when our Lord arrives... but rather, about 1,000 year later,... when HIS "Lord", the MOST Holy One of Israel... "arrives" (i.e., sits down on HIS throne) to render judgment, as shown at Daniel 7:9-14:

“I kept on beholding until there were thrones placed and the Ancient of Days sat down. (Rev. 20:11) His clothing was white just like snow, and the hair of his head was like clean wool. His throne was flames of fire; its wheels were a burning fire. There was a stream of fire flowing and going out from before him. There were a thousand thousands that kept ministering to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand that kept standing right before him. The Court took its seat, and there were books that were opened. (Rev. 20:12)

“I kept on beholding at that time because of the sound of the grandiose words that the horn was speaking; I kept on beholding until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed and it was given to the burning fire (Rev. 19:20). But as for the rest of the beasts, their rulerships were taken away, and there was a lengthening in life given to them for a time and a season (Rev. 20:2, 7-10).

“I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up closeeven before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him.(Matthew 24:45). His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin."

Again, it's all for another thread, but this might help you get your bearings.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

most of us here are adults and sometimes a choice swear word pops up.

Aw, damn... Ms. Josie (the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear sister!)! You mean some of us actually CUSS??

(Sorry, folks - had to get that out. I mean, since we're swearin' and goin' off topic and all, anyway...)

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of emotion on this one!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Damn skippy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit