Brotherdan seems like he really DID leave

by sabastious 180 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I said nothing against Zid.

Ah, but looky here, you did:

I understand Zids reaction. However, she claimed to try and contact me many times.

She never made such a claim. This is in fact what Zid said:

Frankly, I haven't asked for the books back; I'm very concerned that Brother Dan would completely ignore my request.

I DO have Bro Dan's address, as it happens... I may still have his cell phone # in my phone, too... If he hasn't changed either, I SHOULD contact him and ask about my books...

But I am being a coward, in not contacting him, too...

About the books - I'm going to bide my time.

Will keep you people posted as I rebuild...

I'll try contacting him; first I'll post a comment on his blog. Then, if I don't get a response, I'll send him an email or letter...

Just keeping it straight for ya's, because Dan apparently cannot.

~Sue

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That isn't the truth. I will do anything to keep my family alive.

If saving her means giving up your life, then have you really saved anyone?

A truly selfish thing to say. I was a firefighter for many years and I would save a stranger even if it meant giving up my own life and causing my family pain. Maybe there is something to be said about unselfishness. I will die for my family.

But more than that...I will live for them.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I'm very concerned that Brother Dan would completely ignore my request.

I'm sorry, betterdaze. I focused on this comment and not the rest. I don't know what request she was talking about. She said I ignored her request. It is true that she did not ask for the books back. But when she said this, I took it as meaning that she requested me to pay her immediately, which she didn't do.

Maybe you should stop being so mean when you post things. You don't come across very nice.

• undercover
    undercover
    If saving her means giving up your life, then have you really saved anyone?

A truly selfish thing to say. I was a firefighter for many years and I would save a stranger even if it meant giving up my own life and causing my family pain. Maybe there is something to be said about unselfishness. I will die for my family.

Physical bravery to save a life is not the same as giving up your soul, life, as it were, in order to allow someone to continue to manipulate you to their own end. Especially when that end is erroneous and hurtful to you. If she cared as much for you as you say you do for her, then why can't she let it go that you can't live under WT rule anymore?

I've spoke my mind... If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hope I am actually, but I call em as I see em. And this is what I saw: the moment you tried to cast off the WT millstone your marriage went to shit...or at least brought all the real issues to bear, which is more likely. Going back to meetings when you know it's shit isn't going to fix the long term problems. You've become an enabler to her issues. Family first is noble, I applaud that, but don't enable people to continue to use you. You may save a physical life, but you'll lose your soul.

Good luck...hope it works out... I'm out...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    You may save a physical life, but you'll lose your soul.

Well if that works for you, then that is fine. But I will not leave my family behind. My family is my first responsibility. You seem to think there is a difference between saving someone physically and being detirmined to save someone spiritually. The only difference is in our heads. I promised to stay with my wife either until adultery, or until death. I won't give up because she hasn't seen the truth at the same time that I saw it. I lose all respect for people that recommend leaving their family to fend for themselves.

Going to meetings with my wife can turn out to be a good thing. I am active with knowing what is going on, and perhaps I can help her to see that some things that are being said are absolutely wrong. I'm not a coward to run away. Some say I am a coward for staying, but that is not how I see it. I'm going through the thick of the storm and staying by my wifes side. If she comes out and I stayed by her side the entire time, then what else can I say but, "Shame on you!" to all those that encouraged me to leave my wife's side and fend for myself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BrotherDan..

Outlaw, you should work for the Watchtower. You are twisting and taking things out of context...wow, nice job. I was responding to wasblind and not to Zid herself.

I cut and pasted your exact words..There is no twisting when I use your exact words..

If you read my comments to Zid I told her that I am willing to compensate her for her shipping, ship the books back to her, and that I was gratefull for her generosity.

And..Zid has`nt heard from you since..

My response to Wasblind was about why I did not automatically keep in contact with her when I DID keep in contact with Ding.
    It was NOTHING personal to Zid. I said nothing against Zid. I jus said we have different worldviews and there was no reason for us to be friends outside of this site.

I never said you had anything against Zid..I asked ..

Are you going to:

#1..Re-Emburse Ziddna?..

#2..Return Ziddna`s Library?..

Or..

#3..Keep Ziddna`s books and Warn her about People on the Internet?..

Like I said, she never contacted me about payment for the books. I have had a lot going on in my life.
    The books are still in the original box that they came in. They have not been used.

So What?..You took Zids Books and she hasn`t heard from you since..

Outlaw, you are just trying to stir things up, and I don't really understand why..

Zid feels Ripped off..Taken advantage of..Used..

I did not imply that I thought Zid GAVE me her books. Sorry for using the wrong word.

Your right..You did`nt imply it..You outright said it..

I think you need to keep your mouth shut and let us take care of this ourselves.

You haven`t done anything to take care of this..It`s time you did..

I have been more than apologetic about my actions and lack of actions. I never double crossed, nor lied to Zid.

You have`nt made things right with Zid..

I was extremely thankful and was willing to compensate. She specifically told me via PM that I could take my time and repay her when I could.

I think she expected that to be done in this lifetime..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

oh my days

Loz x

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I cut and pasted your exact words..There is no twisting when I use your exact words..

There is when you cut and paste from 2 different responses from 2 different posts... Nice job, Brother Splane

• mouthy
    mouthy

What do you say to ending the topic??? Hurt feeling, raised blood pressures,
    No good will come if we keep hashing it over & over again Dan is going to return the books

those who pray will pray for his wife & family, Zidd will get them back & will not give them out
    again. & I will be happy to have my family all getting on in LOVE no matter what you believe.
    MOUTHY HAS SPOKEN. NO I AM NOT GOD or GHANDI!!! OR THE HOLY SPIRIT...But I have spoken!!!

Other wise ALL go to your ruddy rooms

YES!!!!!! MOUTHY!!!!!!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

How do you know I haven't made things right with Zid, Outlaw? Have you seen my PMs to her? Did I not say on this very thread that I was sending the books back and would compensate for her shipping? I don't get what you are trying to say here.

I apologized that it took so long to get Zid her payment. I expressed disappointment that she did not contact me but instead called me a "sociopath". But I apologized, offered to send the books back, and within an hour I have you judging and misquoting me. You like to quote everything I say and respond, so I will do the same to you.

From 2 different posts to 2 different people...

And..Zid has`nt heard from you since..

And how do you know? I have contacted Zid. You like to say, "Provide proof" on many of your posts. Please do so for me.

Your right..You did`nt imply it..You outright said it..

Wrong. While I used the word "Gave" (which I apologized for) I never implied that I thought they were a free gift.

You guys are stuck in the JW judging territory. This all a bunch of caddy nonsense that you can hear in any congregation. I'm a bad guy and I stole from Zid and did not pay for her JW books. Well I'm sending the ridiculous things back and want nothing more to do with it. I said thanks to Zid more times than I can count and now I feel like saying "Thanks for nothing" seeing that the first chance she gets upset at me, she will begin to belittle and berate me and call me names. Why should I have expected anything different?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit