Brotherdan seems like he really DID leave

by sabastious 180 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Wasblind: While it was very nice and generous and extremely giving of Zid to give me her books, she was not someone that I connected to emotionally. I don't know why I have to tell you this, but that is the fact. Zid and I are 2 very different people with 2 very different viewpoints. She is a polytheist, and that is fine by me. But it's not my world view. We don't have much in common. She didn't reach out to me after I left. There were only a few people that had my personal email address. One of those VERY few people was Ding.

The extreme militant atheism on this site really did discourage me, to the point that I felt it was unhealthy to keep being a part of the site. It did not have to do with any PERSON on the site, but just the overall attitude that I saw. So I did not return to this site, even to check my PMs except in rare cases. I have had so much going on in my life that I was just trying to keep my head above water. It's what I am still trying to do. There are alot of people that I care about on the site, and think about every day. Sadly, some of those same people have belittled me and said some pretty hurtful things about me here. But I understand that too... I also believe that I must have deserved it.

Like I've said, I don't want to sound like I think I have no blame here. I do. I am strong in my opinions, especially about the Bible. I know the way that most people want to hear about Christianity. They want to pretend that it is not exclusive and that as long as you are sincere and live a good life, you will experience salvation. But as far as I have gotten in my own studies, the Bible shows Christianity to be EXTREMELY exclusive. It says that Jesus is the only way, truth, and life. So if you don't accept Jesus, you don't have life. And that includes Ghandi. Is that my own opinion? I don't think so. If someone can point me to a part of the Bible that says that you can believe anything, but still show love and be saved, then I'd LOVE to see it. But so far I have not found that.

That being said, while I believe this, I don't believe in judging specific people and saying, "Gee Sab or Zid, you guys are going to be punished because of what you believe." That is not for me to say. If I've ever said anything like that in the past, then I apologize whole heartedly.

But I do believe that the Bible is God's Word.

Anyway, I digress. But I have not had the opportunity to keep in touch with everyone that I care about here. Laverite is a very special person to me, and I think he's a great guy. I also have really enjoyed talking to people like Mad Sweeny, miserloveselders, Hadit, Darth Plugis (even after your prior comments on this thread), and others.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm glad that all of you have such pleasant memories of Brother Dan...

Personally, he double-crossed me and lied to me...

I sent him my full library of JW books - some of them around a hundred years old - with a shipping cost alone of $25...

He said he'd send me payment... He said he'd send me a Subway card of equivalent value -

and I've received ZIP - nada - nothing...

His subsequent fanatical posts indicated that he was a bit two-faced, to say the least...

He promised me that I could have my little library back whenever I asked for it... But he'll NEVER give it back...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's destroyed my books... I can just kiss my poor little library goodbye... .....Ziddna

While it was very nice and generous and extremely giving of Zid to "GIVE" me her books, she was not someone that I connected to emotionally.

I don't know why I have to tell you this, but that is the fact. Zid and I are 2 very different people with 2 very different viewpoints.

She is a polytheist, and that is fine by me. But it's not my world view. We don't have much in common. She didn't reach out to me after I left.....BrotherDan

BrotherDan..

Are you going to:

#1..Re-Emburse Ziddna?..

#2..Return Ziddna`s Library?..

Or..

#3..Keep Ziddna`s books and Warn her about People on the Internet?..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover

OUTLAW... check your pms...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Outlaw, you should work for the Watchtower. You are twisting and taking things out of context...wow, nice job. I was responding to wasblind and not to Zid herself.

If you read my comments to Zid I told her that I am willing to compensate her for her shipping, ship the books back to her, and that I was gratefull for her generosity.

My response to Wasblind was about why I did not automatically keep in contact with her when I DID keep in contact with Ding. It was NOTHING personal to Zid. I said nothing against Zid. I jus said we have different worldviews and there was no reason for us to be friends outside of this site.

Like I said, she never contacted me about payment for the books. I have had a lot going on in my life. The books are still in the original box that they came in. They have not been used.

Outlaw, you are just trying to stir things up, and I don't really understand why. I did not imply that I thought Zid GAVE me her books. Sorry for using the wrong word. I think you need to keep your mouth shut and let us take care of this ourselves. I have been more than apologetic about my actions and lack of actions. I never double crossed, nor lied to Zid. I was extremely thankful and was willing to compensate. She specifically told me via PM that I could take my time and repay her when I could.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Dan,

I hope your wife is doing much better. When I first came on this site a few months back your life was being played out in real time. Your own threat of suicide was eminent. I am glad you got control of your self.

I am relieved that you still have Zids books........ in the original box and in good condition.......... and you have her return address. By the way you have a decent blog, good writing as well. That must take a lot of thoughtful time.

Now that things are more stable it is time to return the books to Zid because they mean more to her then you and it would be the right thing to do, nay the Chrristian thing to do..........Yes?

I'll look forward to hearing that they were returned and this misunderstanding has been cleared up.

I wish you and your wife and your children a healthy life together.

Gio

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I feel like everything that I said was backed up by the bible

The Twin Towers were destroyed by people who reckoned their actions are backed up by their religious book.

The Inquisitions were brought by lovers of Christ.

Having a religious book to blame doesn't make you a better person.

• undercover
    undercover

Your wife attempted suicide and you're not talking about religion anymore with her and you're going back to meetings...

You're fucked...

Maybe it's not you with the problem as claimed by some but your wife obviously has issues and you've enabled her to manipulate you to do what she wants you to do...against your will.

Having had family that's attempted suicide (and one that succeeded) I can tell you that you go through a range of emotions in dealing with someone that depressed or mentally unstable...but there comes a time with some of these people that you can't save them and yourself both. If saving her means giving up your life, then have you really saved anyone? Or will both of you live in misery the rest of your days...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The Twin Towers were destroyed by people who reckoned their actions are backed up by their religious book.

True, but not Jesus' book

The Inquisitions were brought by lovers of Christ.

False. Lovers of Christ do not take physical judgement upon themselves.

Having a religious book to blame doesn't make you a better person.

True. The Bible is nothing to blame. We are all sinners. None of us are "good". Not even one. But Jesus is the only way, truth, and the life. And that claim is bigger than any other claim in history.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Undercover, since you have had to deal with family going through this same thing, then it is sad that you think saying:

You're fucked...

would help...

My family is my number 1 priority.

• undercover
    undercover

Truth hurts sometimes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit